The Ground Zero cross doesn’t violate anyone’s constitutional rights.
American Atheists claims that showing the artifact violates the separation of church and state. The cross’ very existence has caused “symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish” in members, the group gripes.
The suit has forced a whole lot of lawyering by attorneys representing the 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation and the Port Authority, along with defendants who have been dropped from the case, including the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. and Father Brian Jordan, a Catholic priest who had prayed before the icon.
The Port Authority and museum have asked Judge Deborah Batts to dismiss this lunacy, pointing out, for one thing, that the steel is part of the historical record, as is the emotion it engendered.
Nothing more need be said, except thank you to the firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, which waived its normally high fees for the museum foundation. Batts should end this frivolous waste of time, money and energy forthwith.
Leave a Comment
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- VIDEO: This Kid Needs An Exorcism Or An Epic Butt Whuppin’! So Disgusting!
- LMAO: Jenner Swears OFF Sex With Women – Has THIS To Say About Doing DUDES
- Video: Awesome Mashup Of Fed Up Drivers Blowing Thru Anti-Trump Roadblockers
- This ‘Christian Kindergarten’ Teacher Has A Weird ‘Hobby’ – Should She Be Fired?
- VIDEO: All Hell Breaks Loose When Bro Disturbs A Quiet FL River – Internet Melts Down
- Video: Daughter Talks Smack To Her Mom In Front Of Friends – That Was A Very Bad Idea
- Dear CNN: Remember When Trump Said Illegals Were Voting And You Laughed? Here’s The Staggering Proof