The gunman suspected of opening fire in the lobby of the the socially conservative Family Research Council (FRC) headquarters — injuring a security guard — had been volunteering at the The DC Center for the LGBT Community.
Alleged gunman Floyd Corkins II from Herndon, Va., had been working with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community center for six months, according to The Associated Press.
David Mariner, the center’s executive director described Corkins as “kind, gentle and unassuming” to the AP.
The FRC is a staunch and vocal advocate for traditional marriage.
Corkins reportedly expressed opposition to the group during the incident. According to a Fox News source he “made statements regarding [FRC’s] policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard.”
After the guard disarmed him, Corbins said “Don’t shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for,” Fox quoted a source.
Chick-fil-A has donated money to FRC through its charity the WinShape Foundation and recently came under fire from gay activists for comments chain president Dan Cathy made in support of traditional marriage. FRC were vocal defenders of the establishment.
Security guard Leo Johnson has been described by authorities as a “hero.”
Leave a Comment
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- VIDEO: All Hell Breaks Loose When Bro Disturbs A Quiet FL River – Internet Melts Down
- Video: Daughter Talks Smack To Her Mom In Front Of Friends – That Was A Very Bad Idea
- LMAO: Feminist Plans ‘No Bra Day’ To Instruct Men ‘Not To SEXUALIZE Women’
- VIDEO: This Kid Needs An Exorcism Or An Epic Butt Whuppin’! So Disgusting!
- Unreal: Duo Saves United Airline Plane From Disaster – Look How Badly UA Treated Them
- Fitness Guru Gets Killed By An Exploding Everyday Household Item
- Dear CNN: Remember When Trump Said Illegals Were Voting And You Laughed? Here’s The Staggering Proof