The gunman suspected of opening fire in the lobby of the the socially conservative Family Research Council (FRC) headquarters — injuring a security guard — had been volunteering at the The DC Center for the LGBT Community.
Alleged gunman Floyd Corkins II from Herndon, Va., had been working with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community center for six months, according to The Associated Press.
David Mariner, the center’s executive director described Corkins as “kind, gentle and unassuming” to the AP.
The FRC is a staunch and vocal advocate for traditional marriage.
Corkins reportedly expressed opposition to the group during the incident. According to a Fox News source he “made statements regarding [FRC’s] policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard.”
After the guard disarmed him, Corbins said “Don’t shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for,” Fox quoted a source.
Chick-fil-A has donated money to FRC through its charity the WinShape Foundation and recently came under fire from gay activists for comments chain president Dan Cathy made in support of traditional marriage. FRC were vocal defenders of the establishment.
Security guard Leo Johnson has been described by authorities as a “hero.”
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.// If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: This TOY Commercial From The 60s Would Give Liberals A STROKE
- Breaking: 16 Yr. Old German Girl Who Ran Away To Join ISIS Is Found Alive In Mosul
- WATCH: Apparently This Is OKAY To Show On Social Media – UNREAL
- Gross: Rats Fall From The Ceiling In Popular Restaurant Chain (Video)
- Shocking: First State-Funded Muslim School Taken Over By Gov’t After Pro-Rape Books Found
- Clinton ‘Suicides’: You Can Add Two More Names To That List Of Suspicious Deaths
- Iraqis Are Killing ISIS Soldiers In Cold Blood … Do You Care?