The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- WATCH: Muslim Man KICKS Woman Down Stairs Landing On Her FACE!
- ‘IF YOU KNOW GUN ENTHUSIASTS, TURN THEM IN’: Austin Police Chief Says Cops Need To ‘Vet’ Gun Owners
- PUSSIFICATION: Company CANCELS Christmas Party Because Trump DUSTED The Hildebeest
- VIDEO: Teen Tries To STAB Students – Cop DROPS Him With 1 Shot
- Sheriff Clarke Says, ‘ALL Cop Killers Should Get The DEATH Penalty’ – Do YOU Agree?
- HEY OBAMA: Trump Gets More Done In 4 Weeks than YOU Did 8 Years
- DEAR COLLEGE SNOWFLAKE: Here’s Why You’ll NEVER Understand MEN Like John Glenn