The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- BREAKING: Trump Makes MAJOR Decision On Sean Spicer
- IT JUST GOT WORSE: Andrea Tantaros SLAMS Fox News With NEW & CREEPIER Accusations
- VIDEO: Watch How This Bro Comes Into Home Plate! This Might CHANGE Baseball!
- FYI: Here’s ‘The Woman’ Who Brought O’Reilly Down
- O’REILLY FIRES BACK: Bill Sends FOX & The Women Who Accused Him An Ominous WARNING
- HILARIOUS! Joy Behar Asks An UNINTENTIONALLY Funny Question To Caitlyn Jenner…
- WATCH: Nancy Pelosi Gives SHOCKINGLY Bad Speech ‘Murderalizing’ The English Language