The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Leave a Comment
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- VIDEO: All Hell Breaks Loose When Bro Disturbs A Quiet FL River – Internet Melts Down
- Video: Daughter Talks Smack To Her Mom In Front Of Friends – That Was A Very Bad Idea
- LMAO: Feminist Plans ‘No Bra Day’ To Instruct Men ‘Not To SEXUALIZE Women’
- Unreal: Duo Saves United Airline Plane From Disaster – Look How Badly UA Treated Them
- VIDEO: This Kid Needs An Exorcism Or An Epic Butt Whuppin’! So Disgusting!
- Fitness Guru Gets Killed By An Exploding Everyday Household Item
- Watch: Here’s Why You Should Never Interfere When Cops Are Arresting Someone