The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- The 4 Thugs Busted For Smashing Statue Have 1 Sick Thing In Common
- Watch: Here’s Why You Should Never Interfere When Cops Are Arresting Someone
- Here’s The 1st White Player In NFL To Protest The Nat’l Anthem
- Major Liberal Organizer ‘Encouraged Leftists To Dress Up As Ku Klux Klan Members’
- BOOM: Watch ISIS Executioner ‘The Bulldozer’ Get Captured and THROWN In the Back of a Truck
- GRAPHIC: Rap Video Shows White Cop TORTURED and HANGED…Say It “Doesn’t Promote…”
- Corvette Owner Has The Perfect Comeback To Envious Liberal Dork