The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.// If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: This TOY Commercial From The 60s Would Give Liberals A STROKE
- Iraqis Are Killing ISIS Soldiers In Cold Blood … Do You Care?
- Clinton ‘Suicides’: You Can Add Two More Names To That List Of Suspicious Deaths
- Breaking: 16 Yr. Old German Girl Who Ran Away To Join ISIS Is Found Alive In Mosul
- Breaking: McCain’s Surgery Discovers Brain Cancer
- Uh-Oh: USPS Broke The Law When They Allowed Employees To Work For Hillary’s Campaign
- Here’s How Raquel Welch Is Rocking 76 WITHOUT Plastic Surgery