The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: Woman ATTACKS Veteran For Having PTSD Dog In Restaurant – So DISGUSTING!
- VIDEO: Boxer Brags, ‘I’d NEVER Let A White Boy Beat Me’ – Watch Him EAT His Words!
- Clash Poll: Should Cops Be ROUGHER On Rioters?
- VIDEO: Bully Picks On The WRONG Bro – Gets Taken To PAINTOWN
- Football Team Of 8yr. Olds PROTEST National Anthem – Should The Coach Get Canned?
- The Nanny From Hell: What She Did To Their Tiny Baby Is The Epitome Of Evil
- VIRAL VIDEO: Don’t Let Her Pretty Smile Fool You – This Chick Is DEADLY