Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.
“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.
The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- VIDEO: Watch How This Bro Comes Into Home Plate! This Might CHANGE Baseball!
- BREAKING: Trump Makes MAJOR Decision On Sean Spicer
- LMAO: Chelsea Clinton Calls Trump a LIAR – Twitter Puts Her On FULL BLAST
- QUESTION: Would You Go To A Speech Given By BARACK or MICHELLE?
- HILARIOUS! Joy Behar Asks An UNINTENTIONALLY Funny Question To Caitlyn Jenner…
- BOOM: Somali Pirates Pick The WRONG Ship To Attack (Video)
- IT JUST GOT WORSE: Andrea Tantaros SLAMS Fox News With NEW & CREEPIER Accusations