Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.
“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.
The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Leave a Comment
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- EXPOSED: Here’s Michelle’s RACE OBSESSED Thesis From Princeton – Written In An ‘UNKNOWN LANGUAGE’
- VIDEO: All Hell Breaks Loose When Bro Disturbs A Quiet FL River – Internet Melts Down
- HEY CNN: Religion Of Peace BEHEADS Woman For Shopping … Is This NEWS?
- LMAO: Feminist Plans ‘No Bra Day’ To Instruct Men ‘Not To SEXUALIZE Women’
- Video: Daughter Talks Smack To Her Mom In Front Of Friends – That Was A Very Bad Idea
- DEMONIC: What THUGS Did To This Young White Woman Is PURE EVIL
- QUESTION: What If You Caught Two Muslim Men RAPING Your 14yr. Old Son?