Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.
“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.
The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- Is Jennifer Hudson An UNGRATEFUL @SS? Singer Snubs Trump After He Did THIS For Her
- WATCH: ‘Mad Dog Mattis’ Tells Mouthy Liberal Twit How He Got His NICKNAME
- DEAR LIBERALS: MLK Would Be Speaking At Inauguration If A Democrat Hadn’t KILLED Him
- CELEBRITIES Join Group Calling For A ‘Month Of RESISTANCE’ Against Trump — Do You Care?
- YAHOO! The Obamas Start To VACATE The White House – Share If You LOVE This!
- QUESTION: Would You LOVE To See Bikers For Trump BOUNCE Violent Liberals At The Inauguration?
- DEAR PATRIOTS: Should Trump Declare CAIR A ‘Terrorist Organization?’