Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.
“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.
The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- BREAKING: WIKILEAKS Calls BULLSH*T On Comey’s ‘TESTIMONY’
- DEAR PATRIOTS: Notice Anything WEIRD About This Pic From UK Terrorist Attack?
- BREAKING: The FBI Did Wiretap Trump Tower – Here’s WHY (Please Forward To CNN)
- BREAKING: FOX News SUSPENDS Judge Napolitano Over THIS – Do YOU Agree?
- WATCH: ‘We’re At F—ING WAR, The Enemies IN Our Country & Politicians Want MORE’
- BREAKING: London Terrorist Was Investigated For ‘VIOLENT EXTREMISM’ But The P*SSIES Let Him Go
- WATCH: Gorsuch Makes Diane Feinstein Look Like A DAMN FOOL!