The 28-year-old gunship co-pilot was called on to unleash a missile strike to eliminate a senior terror leader.
Harry has proved a massive hit with comrades in Helmand, Afghanistan, who have nicknamed him Big H.
A defence insider said: “Big H is a legend.
“We were on patrol and the Apache helicopters were called in. We heard this posh voice come over the radio and knew it was Big H. They were tracking a Taliban leader — he was commander level.
“The Apache then let off some Hellfire missiles and its 30mm cannon and ‘boom’. It was Big H all the way.”
The Sun understands the decisive strike occurred in late October during a partnered patrol with Afghan troops hunting the Taliban chief.
Gunship co-pilot Harry is on tour in Helmand and has been flying daily combat missions helping “troops in contact” — the code given when ground forces are engaged by enemy fighters.
And 28-year-old Captain Wales has become a hugely popular figure with Our Boys. Our source added: “I met him in the cookhouse.
I saw this bloke standing in line and I went, ‘That’s Big H’.
“He’s like a normal squaddie. All the guys in Afghan have so much respect for him and love him.
“Big H is a legend, he’s been out in Afghan and he’s doing the business. All the guys love him — he’s Big H. “He likes a drink and a laugh and he’s one of the lads.”
Leave a Comment
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- VIDEO: All Hell Breaks Loose When Bro Disturbs A Quiet FL River – Internet Melts Down
- Video: Daughter Talks Smack To Her Mom In Front Of Friends – That Was A Very Bad Idea
- LMAO: Feminist Plans ‘No Bra Day’ To Instruct Men ‘Not To SEXUALIZE Women’
- Unreal: Duo Saves United Airline Plane From Disaster – Look How Badly UA Treated Them
- VIDEO: This Kid Needs An Exorcism Or An Epic Butt Whuppin’! So Disgusting!
- Fitness Guru Gets Killed By An Exploding Everyday Household Item
- Watch: Here’s Why You Should Never Interfere When Cops Are Arresting Someone