The Senate this week warned lawmakers and their staff not to sign up for Obamacare’s health exchanges, saying that the administration hasn’t yet finalized the rules for how to keep paying for their premiums. “Members and staff are advised that they should delay enrolling in health insurance plans until we are able to offer further guidance as to how they should enroll in these insurance plans for 2014,” the Senate disbursing office said in an email to staffers Monday. “Premature enrollment could adversely impact eligibility for the employer premium contribution.” The health exchanges are slated to open next week, and mark a key milestone for the Affordable Care Act. They were created as marketplaces where those who are now required to obtain insurance but who don’t get plans through their jobs can go to shop for coverage. During the 2009 health care debate Congress approved language insisting that lawmakers and staffers in their personal offices will lose their federal health plans and must shop for plans on the exchanges — though last month’s ruling by the Office of Personnel Management said taxpayers will still continue to pay 72 percent of the premiums. Republicans said that’s a benefit most Americans won’t get. Read More
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.// If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: Teen KNOCKS OUT His Granny For Not Buying Him What He Wants
- Video: If I Were This Chick’s Dad I Would Hang Myself – Epic Parenting Fail
- VIDEO: Boxer Brags, ‘I’d NEVER Let A White Boy Beat Me’ – Watch Him EAT His Words!
- ‘American Woman’ Puts The Religion Of Peace On Full Blast And It’s Delicious
- LMAO: Anti-Trump Actor’s New Movie Sells ONE TICKET on Opening Day
- QUESTION: If You Caught A ‘Refugee’ Molesting Your Daughter, What Would You Do?
- VIRAL: Cute Girl’s Shirt About Trump Having Cojones Is Melting The Internet