After months of anguished debate over mass shootings, gun control and Second Amendment rights, the Justice Department finds itself on the defensive after a training manual surfaced that suggests federal agents could face a firing squad for leaking government secrets. The online manual for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives — complete with a photo of a turn-of-the-century firing squad — was obtained by The Washington Times from a concerned federal law enforcement official, and it immediately drew protests from watchdogs who said it showed a lack of sensitivity to gun violence and the continuing hostile environment toward whistleblowers. Stephen Kohn, executive director of the National Whistleblower Center, said the DOJ has forgotten about the protections of the First Amendment, which covers leaks to the media, and that the photo could scare its employees into self-censorship. The photo “would have a chilling affect on legitimate speech. And some of the rhetoric used against whistleblowers could be construed as inciting to violence because they’ve turned up the rhetoric,” Mr. Kohn said. Justice Department officials said the photo was included as a joke and that they were unaware it was viewed as offensive by agents. They plan to remove the entry, but not until the government shutdown is ended and federal officials return to work, said Richard Marianos, the special agent in charge of the Washington division of ATF. The photo was embedded in the annual Introduction to National Security Information online course for the ATF, the main federal law enforcement agency investigating gun violence and illegal gun trafficking. Read More
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- QUESTION: Should SNL Writer Be FIRED For Going After Trump’s YOUNGEST Son?
- BOOM! Look What Trump IMMEDIATELY Put Back In The Oval Office
- LMAO: Ralph Lauren Stocks SOAR After First Lady Melania Wears Outfit Inspired By Jackie Kennedy
- DISGUSTING: Look What PSYCHO Trump Hating Mom Has Her LITTLE Daughter Carrying
- WATCH: ISIS COWARDS Flee Battle Of Mosul — US-Led Airstrike BLOW UP Their Boats
- HEY FEMINISTS: Why Did Your ‘GRASSROOTS’ March Of Independent Women … Need A SugarDaddy?
- If YOU Believe Madonna Should Be ARRESTED For Inciting Violence – SHARE This Post!