A cancer-stricken mother has passed away just 12 hours after her three daughters held a last-minute joint wedding so that she could attend.
Sarah, Kaylee and Jodie Swales – aged 19, 21 and 22 – from Snellville, Georgia learned last week that their mother’s breast cancer had spread to her liver and there was nothing doctors could do.
The sisters had planned to marry on October 26 but as their mother’s condition worsened, they decided to wed on Sunday afternoon to fulfill her final wish of seeing them walk down the aisle.
Surrounded by friends and family, and with their mother Becky and father Otis in the front row, the sisters took turns to marry their fiances as the others watched.
‘It’s kind of bittersweet,’ Jodie Swales told FOX5 before the ceremony. ‘We are happy that she’s here, but this will probably be the last big thing that we do with her.’
Sarah added: ‘It’s not like losing a mom, it’s like losing a mom and a best friend and anyone would want their best friend at their wedding.
‘Our wedding wouldn’t be the same if she wasn’t there to experience it with us.’
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.// If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: This TOY Commercial From The 60s Would Give Liberals A STROKE
- LMAO: Loudmouth Jerry Brown Suddenly Needs Trump’s Help
- Breaking: 16 Yr. Old German Girl Who Ran Away To Join ISIS Is Found Alive In Mosul
- WATCH: Apparently This Is OKAY To Show On Social Media – UNREAL
- Question: Now That European Courts Have Upheld A Burka Ban, Should We Ban Full-Face Burkas In The U.S.?
- Gross: Rats Fall From The Ceiling In Popular Restaurant Chain (Video)
- Boys Are Openly Used As Sex Slaves By Soldiers In This ‘Friendly’ Country