1. They’re selfish. They are currently thinking about how to turn an unpaid internship into a job, a job into a good job, and a good job into a salary that they can buy video games and/or nice purses on. It’s a very materialist time.
2. There are just way too many options, especially with online dating no longer a taboo. You can go anywhere, at any time, and find the new love of your life (or of the night).
3. Everyone is maturing at a much slower pace now, and people aren’t as interested in making serious commitments any more, because the idea is to have the most flexible lifestyle you can possibly have.
4. This is the time that people want to travel, and let’s be honest, that’s a lot easier to do when you don’t have anyone else to worry about or plan around.
5. When you go out on a date, it’s nice to be able to have at least one party who can offer to pay the whole thing, and that’s way too much of a financial strain for a lot of 20-somethings.
6. Everyone is generally divided into two sections — the people who are prematurely married with kids, and the people who refuse completely to find something serious and treat it with respect. Its very hard to find someone who falls in the middle of the two.
7. Basically every aspect of your life, from high school onwards, is well-documented on the internet. And they are going to see that, and believe that they’re going to judge the hell out of it.
Read more: brobible.com