In a video posted Monday at the Western Center for Journalism, Col. Harry G. Riley (retired) explained the rationale for what he calls “Operation American Spring,” a protest movement that has as its goal, the removal of Barack Obama and the restoration of Constitutional government, the rule of law, freedom and liberty “of the people, for the people, by the people” from what he calls a despotic and tyrannical federal leadership.
Col. Riley made six assumptions, which he listed on his website:
- Millions of Americans will participate.
- American veterans and patriots are energized to end the tyranny, lawlessness, and shredding of the US Constitution.
- Government is not the target, it is sound; corrupt and criminal leadership must be removed.
- Those in power will not hesitate to use force against unarmed patriots exercising their constitutional rights.
- Patriots may be killed, wounded, incarcerated.
- There is no hope given today’s technology of secrecy for the effort nor do we want it secret.
He also said the effort “will not be a cakewalk,” but promised that “we plan to stay.”
The effort is currently set to kick off on May 16, 2014 and will continue as long as necessary.
Read more: Examiner.com