By ANITA BUSCH , Deadline Hollywood
A day after he announced he was going to make a film taking on the NRAwith Meryl Streep, Harvey Weinstein — the producer of several violent films — told CNN’s Piers Morgan in an interview to air tonight that he has had a change of heart about violent content in film. Asked by Morgan about his hypocrisy of making these violent films, Weinstein said, “They have a point. You have to look in the mirror, too. I have to choose movies that aren’t violent or as violent as they used to be. I know for me personally, you know, I can’t continue to do that. The change starts here. It has already. For me, I can’t do it. I can’t make one movie and say this is want I want for my kids and then just go out and be a hypocrite.” He added that he would make a movie like Lone Survivor, “a tribute to the United States special forces,” but “I’m not going to make some crazy action movie just to blow up people and exploit people just for the sake of making it.” As far as Streep, he said, “people have to remember that Meryl Streep is an actress. She’s working as someone whose playing a part and all the heat should come my way.”
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- VIRAL: Prisoner Makes An AMAZING Great Escape
- BOOM: Somali Pirates Pick The WRONG Ship To Attack (Video)
- FYI: Here’s ‘The Woman’ Who Brought O’Reilly Down
- IT JUST GOT WORSE: Andrea Tantaros SLAMS Fox News With NEW & CREEPIER Accusations
- PICTURED: Here’s Aaron Hernandez’s 22yr. Old Prison Lover
- This Lady Says, ‘Hannity Hit On Her’ – Sean’s RESPONSE Is Going VIRAL!
- BREAKING: Trump Makes MAJOR Decision On Sean Spicer