by Larry Usoff
Clash Daily Guest Contributor
From time to time a listener to my radio show will ask me what I’d do if I were president. I believe that a strong, third, party is necessary in our country, and mine would be called The Firebrand Party…and here’s the manifesto:
Read Part one at http://clashdaily.com/2014/03/buckle-seat-belts-please-firebrand-party-manifesto-part-one/#uxbgbQKEWOb6Ilih.99
Next, Part 2
13. The Federal Reserve system will be eliminated, and all functions of that body will be performed by the Treasury.
14. There will be NO bailouts of private enterprises. Free market shall determine which businesses prevail.
15. There will be NO appointees to any Federal position, nor shall any be created, which have not gone before an investigating body.
16. All Social Security money shall be held in escrow and shall not be available to any other government agency for any reason. This shall apply to Medicare funds as well, and any other social programs that may be created.
17. Any person or entity receiving government “welfare” money shall be required to perform work commensurate with their abilities. Welfare checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school/work week and the successful completion of urinalysis and/or a passing grade. Persons with physical or mental disabilities shall be considered on a case-by-case basis and re-considered on a yearly basis.
18. Any supplier of any goods to the Department of Defense that makes a shoddy or imperfect product shall face charges and if it occurs during a military action, whether it is a declared war or not, shall face a charge of treason.
19. All retired military personnel who wish to, may man one of our many observation towers on the southern border. (two month tour). They will be considered as Federal agents during this time, and will be paid at entry-levels.
20. Professional athletes found to be on any form of performance-enhancing drugs will be immediately barred from further participation in any sport, amateur or professional and if they have won any awards, medals or trophies, shall return them immediately. This is an option because the federal government has no business in professional sports business.
21. Any prisoner, sentenced to death, shall have five years to the day from sentencing, and on that fifth anniversary shall be executed, barring any NEW and CONCLUSIVE evidence being produced.
22. One export will be allowed…wheat. One bushel of wheat shall be the exact price of one barrel of oil as set by the world market. Humanitarian aid shall be exempted from this ruling. All humanitarian aid shall be confined to food and medicines and if it is found that corruption in the receiving country prevents the dispersal of this aid properly, all aid shall cease immediately.
23. All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we’ll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it’s a worthy cause.
24. The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc. and no embellishments will be allowed. The song will be sung as it was written. It may or may not be followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the phrase “under God” may or may not be said.
Image: Courtesy of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blmurch/95658030/
US Navy Retired. Articulate. Opinionated. Patriotic. Conservative. Cultured enough so that I can be taken almost anywhere. Constitutionalist. Make no excuses for what I say or do, but take responsibility for them.