Senior US politicians from both parties criticized President Barack Obama’s threats to Russian President Vladimir Putin and called for immediate sanctions if troops are not immediately withdrawn from Ukraine.
Republican Senators John McCain (AZ), Marco Rubio (FL) and Bob Corker (TN) and others, as well as some Democrats, reached across the aisle to call for immediate sanctions against Russia and aid to Ukraine before Putin becomes even more emboldened.
McCain was quick to criticize the president’s threats in an interview with the Daily Beast, calling them ‘laughable’ and partly blaming former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for thinking she and Obama could ‘reset’ relations with Russia back in 2009.
‘She believed that somehow there would be a reset with a guy who was a KGB colonel who always had ambitions to restore the Russian empire,’ said McCain. ‘That’s what this is all about.’
Rubio called for Obama to deploy Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to the Ukrainian capital, according to USA Today.
He also called for a prohibition of Russian officials traveling to the US, and to convene an emergency meeting of NATO to allow Georgia into the fold.
Kerry, in a statement, said the ‘United States condemns the Russian Federation’s invasion and occupation of Ukrainian territory… we call for Russia to withdraw its forces back to bases [and] refrain from interference elsewhere in Ukraine.’
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
Leave a Comment
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Dear CNN: Remember When Trump Said Illegals Were Voting And You Laughed? Here’s The Staggering Proof
- VIDEO: This Kid Needs An Exorcism Or An Epic Butt Whuppin’! So Disgusting!
- VIDEO: All Hell Breaks Loose When Bro Disturbs A Quiet FL River – Internet Melts Down
- This ‘Christian Kindergarten’ Teacher Has A Weird ‘Hobby’ – Should She Be Fired?
- Trump Effect: ‘Refugee’ Resettlements Plummet Under Trump – Massive Drop!
- VIRAL: Cute Girl’s Shirt About Trump Having Cojones Is Melting The Internet
- Country Threatens to ‘Depose’ Trump for Confronting Islam – Should We Be Scared?