The grieving father of one of the six students murdered by the ‘virgin killer’ in California on Friday, led a rousing call for a change in gun laws at a memorial today.
As Richard Martinez addressed a crowd of about 20,000 who gathered for the University of California Santa Barbara memorial, the crowd got to their feet and joined his chant of ‘Not One More’.
Mr Martinez used the memorial on Tuesday to call for an end to gun violence, telling the crowd: ‘Too many people have died, and there should be not one more,’ NBC Los Angeles reported.
‘How many more people are going to have to die in this situation before the problem gets solved?’ he asked.
‘They [politicians] have done nothing and that’s why Chris died … in my opinion,’ Mr Martinez said.
‘It’s almost become a normal thing for us to accept [mass shootings] … It’s not normal. Life doesn’t have to be like this.’
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Watch: Punk Threatens To Molest Man’s 4yr. Old Daughter – Gets Taken To Paintown
- Look Who Hillary’s Blaming For Charlottesville Riots
- Now The Alamo Is Being Deemed ‘Offensive’ – Could It Be Next?
- GRAPHIC: Rap Video Shows White Cop TORTURED and HANGED…Say It “Doesn’t Promote…”
- Woman Raised By Lesbians Has Some Interesting Things To Say About Needing A Father
- Dear CNN: Take A Wild Guess At Who Invented ‘White Nationalism’ & ‘Black Nationalism?’
- BOOM: Watch ISIS Executioner ‘The Bulldozer’ Get Captured and THROWN In the Back of a Truck