by Daniel Greene
Clash Daily Contributor
Speaking this past Friday at Netroots Nation, Massachusetts Senator and Hillary Clinton rival Elizabeth Warren gave the Fantasyland presentation of what Progressivism is all about. Here are the “11 Tenets of Progressivism” that she enunciated, accompanied by reality-based translations.
1. “We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we’re willing to fight for it.”
Translation: We believe in continuing to shake down the big bucks boys on Wall Street while doing nothing to stop their plundering (as long as their donations continue to flow to the Dem coffers).
2. “We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth.”
Translation: We believe in science fiction (global cooling, imminent ice age, global warming, climate change, climate disruption, whatever) that leads to the biggest tax increase and tyrannical government control in the history of America, in the form of the carbon tax and unlimited regulation of our daily lives. We believe that if rain falls on your property, it isn’t your property, it belongs to the EPA, and they will tell you what, if anything, you can do with the EPA’s property.
3. “We believe that the Internet shouldn’t be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality.”
Translation: The internet currently benefits any American with the energy, resourcefulness, and self-discipline to take advantage of it, and we Progressives simply can’t have that.
4. “We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage.”
Translation: We believe in eliminating all entry level jobs, all part time or summer jobs for high school or college students.
5. “We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them.”
Translation: We believe that no one should have to improve themselves through training or going to school. No one should have to actually attend classes, do their homework, or pass tests in order to get a good job.
6. “We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt.”
Translation: The next government freebie: free college education. After all, we’re entitled. And if you don’t pay for our free college education, then you are enslaving us.
7. “We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions.”
Translation: Progressives will continue to work with RINOs to destroy the Social Security trust fund and eliminate Social Security; we will continue to cut hundreds of billions of dollars from Medicare until no doctor takes Medicare patients; we will do everything we can to protect outrageous, budget breaking public employee pensions.
8. “We believe in equal pay for equal work.”
Translation: We believe in equal pay for equal work, except in Progressive bastions like the White House, the NY Times, or Congress.
9. “We believe that equal means equal, and that’s true in marriage, it’s true in the workplace, it’s true in all of America.”
Translation: We believe that 2.3% of the population has the right to dictate to the rest of the population what to say, what to think, what to do in their jobs. We believe that America means having the right to not be offended by someone who disagrees with you, and that marriage is between a man and a man, a man and his dog, a man and his daughter, etc. We believe that Christians are evil potential terrorists, and that Christianity is to be banished from the Progressive Kingdom of Tolerance.
10. “We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform.”
Translation: Progressives need millions of new votes, so our reform will invite all of third-world Central America into the US, where we already cannot take care of our own, where we can’t keep long-standing commitments to our vets, to our sick, or to our seniors.
11. “And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!”
Translation: Women’s rights to their own bodies means that YOU must pay for their abortions and abortifacients, whether your Christian beliefs declare those practices to be repugnant or not. In Progressive Fantasyland, your refusal to pay for someone else’s child sacrifice means denying a woman the right to her body. A woman shouldn’t have to pay to deal with the consequences of her own actions.
And the main tenet of conservatives’ philosophy, according to Warren? “I got mine. The rest of you are on your own.”
Translation: The true main tenet of conservatives’ philosophy is the work ethic, and Progressives find that repugnant. To conservatives, everyone has the right to PURSUE happiness; no one has the right to demand that their neighbor pay for their happiness. Progressives believe that you must pay for their happiness, or you are enslaving them.
In their 2012 national convention, Progressives vocally denied God when they voted three times to keep Him out of their party platform. It will be fun to see what they do about God at their 2016 convention.
As an army brat, Daniel Greene has lived around the world. He earned a bachelor’s degree from George Washington University, volunteered to serve in the US Army as a medical tech during Viet Nam, then began a varied career. He belongs to no political party, as he believes in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; the constitution; the bill of rights; a vitally strong America (both morally and militarily), and the need to actively defend those institutions, and no political party supports those tenets.