A teen has passed away after smoking a synthetic form of Marijuana in California known as “Spice”. See below via The Daily Mail…
The parents of a 19-year-old who died in California after smoking one hit of synthetic marijuana are determined that his death won’t be in vain.
Devin and Veronica Eckhardt never imagined they would be watching a helicopter bearing their only son’s heart fly away from the Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach.
But on Thursday July 17 they honored Connor Eckhardt’s wishes to donate his organs following his death after smoking a synthetic marijuana known as ‘spice’ the previous Saturday.
Now, the family is sharing photographs of Connor’s life and death, in the hope that their son’s tragic passing will serve as a warning to others about the dangers of synthetic marijuana.
‘He gave into (peer pressure) — thinking that it was okay, it was somehow safe — and one hit later, he goes to sleep and never wakes up,’ Connor’s father, Devin Eckhardt told KTLA.
Also known as K2, spice is a mixture of herbs that’s sprayed with a chemical to produce a similar sensation to marijuana.
The herbs and chemicals in spice vary, making it impossible for users to know what they’re smoking and in what concentrations.
Read more: Daily Mail