ISN’T THAT CONVENIENT: Bergdahl ‘Deserter’ Investigation Is Over, Verdict Not Determined ’til AFTER Mid-Terms

How wise of the Left to punt this ’til after the November elections. Check it out…

The Army completed its investigation last week into Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s disappearance from a base in Afghanistan five years ago, but the Pentagon said Tuesday that it doesn’t know when the report will be released.

‘The investigating officer has done his work, but now that work is moving through the Army system, and at each stop … there will … be questions, requirements for clarification,’ Army Colonel Steve Warren told reporters.

‘So it’s working its way through the system as would any other investigation.’

The results of the Army’s probe into whether Bergdahl deserted his post will most certainly be withheld from the public until after November’s elections, if it discloses its findings at all.

The Pentagon’s announcement has Republicans and former platoon mates of Bergdahl’s wondering what’s taking so long, as the facts of the case appear fairly cut and dried on the surface.

According to soldiers who served with Bergdahl, the 28-year-old willingly abandoned his base several days before he was kidnapped by the Taliban and taken hostage in June of 2009.

For nearly five years he was held captive by the terrorist organization until President Barack Obama and the Pentagon negotiated his release last May.

Acting on his own authority, Obama traded five Taliban commanders who were being held in detention at Guantanamo Bay for the release of Bergdahl, who is now living and working at a base in San Antonio, Texas.

Bergdahl has not spoken out publicly since his return to the U.S. and has reportedly refused to meet with his family in person.

Read more: Daily Mail

Like Clash? Like Clash.

Leave a Comment