With reports that the NYPD is looking into as many as 63 threats against police officers, or the mayor this week alone, news also comes of a lack of motivation among the rank and file, undoubtedly contributing to a significant drop in arrest numbers across the city.
“[There’s] just not motivation,” one police officer told [Vice]. “I’m not writing people summonses if I have a chance of getting my head blown off.” When asked if this was his own choice or a precinct-wide initiative, the officer added, “Seems like the entire department is on the same page.”
As the New York Daily News reported, “citywide summons issued this past week numbered just 2,128, compared to 26,512 a week earlier. In that period, exactly one summons was issued in the 84th Precinct, where Liu and Ramos were stationed—just one.”
According to the Daily Beast, the police presence seems to have changed there significantly. “They just walk around, they ride in their patrol cars, and they just pass by,” according to a resident.
Read more: Breitbart
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- Look What Was Found At TEEN JIHAD Suspects’ Home
- LMAO: Liberal Dork Who Destroyed Trump’s Hollywood Star Gets BAD NEWS!
- LMAO: Bruce Jenner ATTACKS Trump! (Guess What He’s TICKED About)
- IT’S OFFICIAL! Federal Judge Finds CNN GUILTY of Pushing ‘Fake News’ (This Is NOT Satire)
- WATCH: Here’s A GREAT Bullet To Put Into An Attacker’s CHEST!
- LMAO: Katy Perry’s Anti-Trump Awards Stunt Backfires Hilariously
- HOLY CRAP! Watch Chick BEAT Her Boyfriend & His HOOCHIE Mama!