The globally recognized phenomenon of American religiosity has been a bugbear of the political and cultural left since the country’s founding. Many seem convinced that the United States is a great country despite its overwhelming religiosity and deep-seated Judeo-Christian roots, unwilling to entertain the possibility that America’s greatness may indeed be due, in no small part, to that spirit.
A recent article in Salon bears the provocative title “One Nation Without God: Why a Post-religious America is upon Us.” The author, Lynn Stuart Parramore, breathlessly describes how the “yoke of fundamentalism is loosening,” being replaced by liberal-minded “nones,” three-quarters of whom “favor same-sex marriage and legal abortion.” If only the U.S. could look a little more like Denmark, the world would be a much better place.
The Pew Research Center has documented the rise in recent years of the religiously unaffiliated in America—popularly known as the “nones.” Though of course religious affiliation and religious spirit are not the same thing, as many of the religiously unaffiliated believe in God and even pray regularly, cultural liberals have been quick to see in the recent trend a sign of a promethean rebellion against God, and the fulfillment of their dream of a godless America.
The America of their reveries, however, bears little resemblance to the nation that actually exists, where a full three-quarters of the population identify themselves as Christian and two out of three say God is “very important in their personal lives.”
Read more: Breitbart
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- HOLY CRAP! Tillerson Just Fired Most Of The 7th Floor
- BREAKING: ‘National Guard Fake Memo’ Was Scheme To SMOKE OUT The Leaker
- LMAO: Dude Showboats During MMA Fight – Watch Bro DROP Him! (VIRAL VIDEO)
- HAJJI GOES, ‘BOOM!’ Watch Suicide Bomber Blow HIMSELF Up Before Reaching His Target
- DEAR 1/2 OF THE USA: ‘Sears F—ing HATES You!’ – Here’s PROOF!
- WATCH: Thug Robs The WRONG Store – In 13 Seconds He’s On The HIGHWAY TO HELL
- TRUMP IS RIGHT AGAIN: Sweden IS Experiencing A MASSIVE ‘Migrant’ Crime Wave