The largest university press in the world has warned its authors not to mention pigs or pork in their books to avoid offending Muslims and Jews.
Oxford University Press (OUP) explained that their books must take into consideration other cultures of the world and must avoid mentioning pigs or “anything else which could be perceived as pork,” the International Business Times reported.
The move was revealed during a discussion on free speech during BBC Radio 4’s “Today,” following last week’s terror attacks in Paris.
“I’ve got a letter here that was sent out by OUP to an author doing something for young people.” Presenter Jim Naughtie said. “Among the things prohibited in the text that was commissioned by OUP was the following: Pigs plus sausages, or anything else which could be perceived as pork.
Read more: Washington Times
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- WATCH: Hillary Goes POSTAL On Voters In New Advert- MOST BIZARRE VIDEO EVER!
- ‘CALIBRATION ERROR’: Early Voters Vote For GOP Candidates – Look What Happened To Their VOTE
- BREAKING: Wikileaks’ Founder Found DEAD
- BREAKING: New Undercover VIDEO Shows Hillary DIRECTLY Involved In Rigging Election
- DEAR CNN: Man commits THE EXACT CRIME as Hillary – Guess What Happened To Him?
- WATCH: These Black Rappers Are PRO-TRUMP, Their DEFENSE Of Him Is HILARIOUS
- QUESTION: Would You Like To See Trump Win Just To PROVE The Media WRONG?