The largest university press in the world has warned its authors not to mention pigs or pork in their books to avoid offending Muslims and Jews.
Oxford University Press (OUP) explained that their books must take into consideration other cultures of the world and must avoid mentioning pigs or “anything else which could be perceived as pork,” the International Business Times reported.
The move was revealed during a discussion on free speech during BBC Radio 4’s “Today,” following last week’s terror attacks in Paris.
“I’ve got a letter here that was sent out by OUP to an author doing something for young people.” Presenter Jim Naughtie said. “Among the things prohibited in the text that was commissioned by OUP was the following: Pigs plus sausages, or anything else which could be perceived as pork.
Read more: Washington Times
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- SMACKDOWN: CNN Requests Press Passes For The ‘DeploraBall’ — Gets THIS Instead!
- GARTH BROOKS Explains ‘Why’ He Turned Down Trump’s Invitation To Perform – Is It BS?
- WATCH: Melania Made Michelle Look Like An ANGRY CLOWN In Front Of MILLIONS
- LMAO: The Trump Haters’ Playmate Of The Month, John Lewis, HASN’T Been Paying His TAXES
- CAPTURED: Cop Killer ARRESTED – Looks Like Cops BEAT The Hell Out Of Him!
- HILARIOUS: Snowflake’s Cry Of ANGUISH Caught On Camera As TRUMP Was Sworn In
- WATCH: Thugs Throw Water On Inaugural Ball Guests – DISGUSTING