The largest university press in the world has warned its authors not to mention pigs or pork in their books to avoid offending Muslims and Jews.
Oxford University Press (OUP) explained that their books must take into consideration other cultures of the world and must avoid mentioning pigs or “anything else which could be perceived as pork,” the International Business Times reported.
The move was revealed during a discussion on free speech during BBC Radio 4’s “Today,” following last week’s terror attacks in Paris.
“I’ve got a letter here that was sent out by OUP to an author doing something for young people.” Presenter Jim Naughtie said. “Among the things prohibited in the text that was commissioned by OUP was the following: Pigs plus sausages, or anything else which could be perceived as pork.
Read more: Washington Times
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- HOLY CRAP! Tillerson Just Fired Most Of The 7th Floor
- BREAKING: ‘National Guard Fake Memo’ Was Scheme To SMOKE OUT The Leaker
- DEAR 1/2 OF THE USA: ‘Sears F—ing HATES You!’ – Here’s PROOF!
- MORE IVANKA HATRED! Another Retailer DUMPS Ivanka For Not Being ‘LIBERAL’ Enough
- WATCH: Melania Opens Rally With LORD’S PRAYER – Liberal Tinkerpots FLIP OUT
- BREAKING: Black ‘Comedian’ Tells 15k People To ASSASSINATE President Trump – Isn’t That ILLEGAL?
- QUESTION: Should The White House LEAKERS Face HARD Prison Time?