The predatory left is not interested in ending Islamophobia. It is interested in ending Western culture.
Case in point:
An apparent hoax on the campus of San Diego State University took flight last month when 30 student groups co-signed demands to end Islamophobic hate on the campus.
The hoax involved a female Muslim student who has never come forward and never been identified. The allegation is that a young white man — also unidentified — grabbed the Muslim’s hijab and choked her while calling her a terrorist.
One of the student groups that co-signed the demands was Students Supporting Israel, a pro-Israel organization. That group’s signature, however, was rejected by the group that drafted the demands, The Muslim Student Association at SDSU.
We wonder: What if a Jewish woman wearing a kippah were assaulted on the campus? Would students groups rally to her defense?
We wonder: What if a white woman wearing a Confederate flag emblem were assaulted on the SDSU campus? Would student unions rally to her defense? Which group — Daughters of the Confederacy or Islam — has committed more terrorist attacks throughout history? In recent years?
(Hint: There have been 27,529 documented Islamic terror attacks since Sept. 11, 2001. To our knowledge the Daughters of the Confederacy haven’t blown up anyone.)
The point should be obvious. The predatory left pretends to oppose intolerance and hate when, in reality, the movement is extremely selective when choosing whom to defend and whom not to defend.
Again, the predatory left is not interested in ending Islamophobia. It is interested in ending Western culture.
We patiently wait for a student group to draft demands protecting Jews wearing kippahs, Christians wearing fish symbols, patriots carrying US flags, Southerners who wear Confederate emblems, or anyone who speaks out in defense of Western culture.
Such attacks do occur with little or not protests.
• Two female students at the prestigious Bryn Mawr College near Philadelphia came under attack when the pair displayed a Confederate flag in a common student area. Students at the all-women college formed a human chain, holding hands and roundly condemning the Southerners until the two “offenders” apologized for their insensitivity.
• In Polk County, Ga., a white high school student was confronted by black male students. His offense? Wearing a back pack bearing a Confederate flag emblem. Rockmart High School was placed on lockdown. The principal justified the lockdown claiming the flag was a disruption. Would the school have been locked down had a Muslim student worn a hijab?
• Intolerance reigned at the University of Maine last year when Christmas trees were banned from the campus. The intolerance of the alleged Christian symbol prompted no protests.
• Earlier this summer a man in Rochester, Ill. was viciously assaulted by a group of black males. His offense? Wearing a cap bearing a Confederate flag emblem. No protests, no petitions, and no demands to end anti-Southerner intolerance ensued.
• Cable network Comedy Central ripped the popular sitcom, Dukes of Hazzard, from its lineup due to the infamous Confederate flag donning the top of the iconic Dodge Charger. No one petitioned the network demanding tolerance for Southern culture.
• Intolerance reigned in Texas this summer when anti-Southern haters demanded the state discontinue issuing license plates bearing the Confederate flag.
• Paula Deen evoked the wrath of the predatory left — not because she is a racist as accused, but because the popular celebrity portrayed a positive perspective on traditional Southern culture. Such culture cannot be tolerated in today’s culture of tolerance.
• Ohmygosh! Patriots coach Bill Belichick was photographed wearing a blatantly “racist” t-shirt that read “Don’t Tread on Me” this summer. The media frenzy was deafening. Hijabs are in. Patriotic flags are out.
• A high school principal in South Carolina forced a student to remove an American flag from the bed of his pickup truck. Principal Aaron Fulmer cited a rule against drawing attention to oneself as an excuse to trump the First Amendment. Superintendent Rallie Liston supported the abject intolerance of a display of patriotism. Did student groups sign demands for tolerance of the patriot and his flag? Not to our knowledge.
Intolerance isn’t limited to the United States.
• A group of Muslim females attacked a French woman for wearing a bikini at a public park this summer. There were no subsequent petitions for tolerance after the attack.
• In Turkey, the Anatolia Youth Association published an illustration of a Muslim punching Santa Claus. The image was accompanied by text imploring Muslims to resist the temptation to get caught up in the festivities of Christmas and New Years. Such sinfulness is the work of infidels; a betrayal of Muhammad.
One final time: The predatory left is not interested in ending Islamophobia. It is interested in ending Western culture.