So what’s on your cell phone?
If the FBI were to seize your phone, what images would they find? Photos of your family? A scenic sunset when you couldn’t resist snapping a picture? The cheeseburger platter you uploaded to Facebook that prompted groans from your friends?
In Norway authorities actually did take cell phones from refugees fleeing from war and poverty in Muslim-dominated countries. What investigators found when they accessed image files were photos of severed heads, dead children, and a variety of body parts. Files also included images of flags, symbols, and icons of the Islamic State.
The media would have us believe that Muslim migrants pouring into Western Europe are primarily widows and orphans. The vetting process is intense, we are told. The chance of a terrorist slipping through is next to zero, they say.
In reality the opposite seems to be true: The chances of a widow or orphan slipping into Europe from Syria seem staggering. Virtually all of the asylum seekers appear to be bearded clones of their Prophet Muhammad.
In spite of the obvious threat, Western Europeans who challenge the displacement of their culture are summarily stigmatized as bigots and intolerant Nazis.
• Ten students at a secondary school in Gossau, Switzerland were sent home earlier this month. The teens were accused of racism and intolerance. Their offense? The kids wore shirts bearing patterns that included edelweiss, a flower that grows in the Alps. Because the display of Swiss pride was a coordinated effort, the school’s principal considered it an act of Islamophobia and sent the students packing. Another Swiss school in Willisau banned edelweiss on all clothing, but backed down due to public outrage.
• A college in Italy rolled out the red carpet to Muslim insurgents by offering free tuition. Asylum seekers who possess a residence permit for political or humanitarian asylum are allowed to attend the University of Bologna tuition free. Taxpayers pick up the tab. Refugees with temporary permits are also given a free ride. There remains a bit of sanity in Italy. The northern region of Lombardy, known as the home of Milan and the wealthiest region of the nation, passed legislation that outlawed wearing hijabs, the traditional Muslim head covering for women.
• In Britain, the writer of a newspaper op-ed wrung his hands as he fretted over the rise of Islamophobia. The fact that Islamic terrorists have initiated over 27,000 documented terror attacks since 9-11, 2001 was no cause for concern. Peter Hitchens, a conservative Christian writer of note, dared to disagree. In his weekly column for London’s Daily Mail, Hitchens lamented the efforts of Britain’s “Commission on Religion and Belief in British Public Life” to purge Christianity from the nation’s schools. “Goodbye Christianity,” he wrote, “hello multicultural wasteland.”
Hitchens’ cause for concern is not unfounded. Baroness Elizabeth Butler-Sloss, a retired judge noted for sitting on the nation’s high court, insisted that Christian religious assemblies for schoolchildren should be scrapped. Butler-Sloss also wants Christian references during future coronations banned.
• The United States is not immune to the insanity. Vernon Hills High School in Illinois celebrated a dress-like-a-Muslim day in which female students donned hijabs and paraded around looking like gay-hating, misogynistic terrorists. To our knowledge neither Gloria Steinam nor any other pseudo-feminist voiced a word of protest. Considering that Islam is the world’s largest, oldest, and deadliest hate group, we can’t help but wonder what the reaction would be if other alleged “hate groups” — such as the Ku Klux Klan or neo-Nazis — were to sponsor similar events. Imagine the outrage were a student group to host a dress-like-a-Klansman day.
• More disturbing, however, was a speech offered by U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch. “Actions predicated on violent talk” toward Muslims will be prosecuted, she said. Her warning was made during a speaking engagement for the Muslim Advocate’s 10th anniversary dinner. Effectively the nation’s highest law enforcement officer is contending that opinions expressed — such as the article you are now reading — could lead to prosecution if a Muslim maniac cites the article prior to blowing someone up.
The greatest threat to Western nations doesn’t seem to be Islamophobia but, rather, Islamophilia.