Others have already beaten me to the declaration, but I’m going to make the declaration anyway. I am one of a growing list of Constitutional conservatives who are going on record that they will never, ever vote for Donald Trump.
Not in the primary, not in the general. Not for dog-catcher.
Moreover, I won’t vote for any of the other candidates that might actually take the nomination away from him if they eventually offer him the Vice Presidency.
It’s not just because he is so newly-minted a Republican that he still wobbles on government-paid healthcare and defunding Planned Parenthood.
It’s not just because he poured money into Democrat coffers in the 2006 election cycle—including the PACs designed specifically to win the House and Senate for them, leading directly to the passage of Obamacare, without one single Republican vote.
It’s not even because he is uniquely unqualified to fulfill any duty of the presidency and is so uninformed that he is not even aware of what the duties of the presidency are.
It is because Donald Trump is a terrible human being. A thoroughly rotten person. A stellar example of the worst the species has to offer.
He claims to be a Christian, but—with the (I assume) exception of murder and honoring mother and father—there is not one commandment he hasn’t broken.
Don’t believe me? Just watch:
1. I am the Lord Thy God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Donald Trump comes before everyone and everything, including God.
2. Idolatry—although Donald is his own chief idol, he also idolizes wealth, winning, money, power, influence, and (as he told Howard Stern many, many times) beautiful women.
3. Thou shalt not take the Lord’s Name in vain. Donald Trump swears, including taking the Lord’s name in vain, constantly, and unrepentantly—which is why it was so ridiculous for him to have pretended such shock at the Texas debate when asked about former Mexican President Vicente Fox’s comment that Mexico is never going to pay for Trump’s [effing] wall.
4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. The church Trump claims he goes to has issued a statement that he is not a member there. There is no evidence that he does anything special on Sundays. In fact, there is no evidence that Trump keeps anything holy, or holds anything sacred, for that matter.
5. Honor your father and mother. As I said, we give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
6. Thou shalt not murder. Again, as far as I know, he has not done this. However he has frequently and financially supported politicians who enthusiastically supported, funded, advocated for and protected the alleged “right” to murder an unborn child. So, there’s that.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. If violating the Ten Commandments could be a proportional representation situation, Trump would lose his pass on 5 and 6 solely for the unrepentant glee with which he has broken this one. He cheated on his first wife with his second one, and he cheated on his second one, too. He went on the Howard Stern show multiple times, discussing in gruesome detail which female celebrities were most attractive, and which he would like to, er, have sex with. He rated women on a one to ten scale, and he bragged about sleeping with both single and married women. Donald Trump is (as he might put it) a “world-class” adulterer.
8. Thou shalt not steal. Donald Trump makes a habit of making “deals” that consistently disadvantage others, sometimes to such a degree that they sue him, as in the ongoing case against him for perpetrating the fraud of Trump “University,” in which students paid $36,000 or more (sometimes much more) for a totally worthless non-education, despite being told they would be learning his “secrets” from his “hand-picked” instructors. If swindling is a form of stealing, it seems clear Trump has done this one.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness. I just watched the Texas Republican debate. Enough said.
10. Finally, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or his ass, or anything that belongs to thy neighbor. Trump has unrepentantly slept with married women. I cannot say whether he has coveted any man’s ass, but I can say that he has definitely violated the “anything that belongs to thy neighbor” part in a very explicit way. Through every means he could, he tried to take the property of a woman named Vera Coker, who lived in a house he wanted to tear down to make room for his limo garage for his casino. She didn’t want to give it up. He tried to get his friends in government to use eminent domain to get her out. It didn’t work, but he tried, because he wanted what she had. And that’s what coveting is.
Now, all of this is forgivable. Many people have been “big league” sinners before they became Christians. But he’s done all this while claiming to be a Christian. So he doesn’t get a pass on any of it.
Donald Trump is an unrepentant, full-spectrum sinner, who ridicules those with less power than him (like the handicapped reporter he mocked), threatens protesters in his crowds, and cannot be trusted.
I am now the Rebel Alliance. Join me. If you won’t vote Trump, use #BtheRebelAlliance.