Baseball, the free market, John Wayne, apple pie and Ford Mustangs. For many Americans these are more than a few of our favorite things. They represent American culture, identity and appeal. Americana. Well, get ready to possibly waive goodbye to all that playing much part in the America of tomorrow. According to a study published on March 28th by the Center for Immigration Studies , 6 states now report at least a 25% immigrant minority population. That’s only part of the 61 million total immigrants living in the U.S as of December 2015. Of course, that number represents both the legal and illegal immigrants the Center can get data on. Just how many unreported illegal immigrants are actually in the U.S. is up for debate.
From the study:
- The 6 states with at least a 25% immigrant population are California, Nevada, Texas, New York, New Jersey, and Florida
- Almost one in five U.S. residents is now an immigrant or minor child of an immigrant parent
- The numbers represent a complete break with the recent history of the United States. As recently as 1970, there were only 13.5 million immigrants and their young children in the country, accounting for one in 15 U.S. resident.
- The number of immigrants and their young children grew six times faster than the nation’s total population from 1970 to 2015 — 353 percent vs. 59 percent
- 11 states, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut have at least 15% immigrant population.
Now before our friends on the left start bellyaching that America is a land of immigrants and unless you’re a Native American (or is it Washington Redskin) we’re all “immigrants”, allow me to point out a little basic reality. There is a clear and critical difference between legal, structured immigration that enables people to not just enter American soil, but simultaneously enter American culture. Not change it to their liking. Remember those things I mentioned at the top? Yep, that’s all part of the America that immigrants should want, not want to eradicate. What we’re suffering through today- beyond liberal-sanctioned illegal entry- is a mindset that no longer encourages immigrants to become American but rather for immigrants to set up their own separate culture while requiring America to essentially embrace a foreign identity.
Beyond the culture-shift of course is an entire economic and political game plan of destruction by the Left. That third bullet point above should be all the craziness anyone needs to see the truth in the Marxist plot to create a massive underclass of uneducated, unskilled and thoroughly dependent on government cheese, “citizens”.
What Democrat doesn’t love the idea of as many people as possible clinging to government programs for their very existence?