Would you sue these two Muslim kebab shop owners if you got horribly sick from eating CRAP in their restaurant? Or do you think it was an honest mistake?
Two kebab shop owners who infected nearly 150 customers after their meals were contaminated with human faeces have been ordered to pay £28,000 in compensation.
Mohammad Abdul Basit and Amjad Bhatti, of the Khyber Pass takeaway in Nottingham, were responsible for an outbreak of E.coli that saw 142 customers fall seriously ill.
One 13-year-old girl nearly died when she was left in intensive care while others were left bedridden for days.
The outbreak was caused by the victims eating food contaminated with human faeces, food hygiene inspectors said.
Basit, 48, and Bhatti, 45, yesterday pleaded guilty to seven offences of failing to comply with European provisions for food safety and hygiene.
Read more: Daily Mail