If I begin this article by saying Barack Obama has a time machine, will that get me branded as a purveyor of fake news? If so or if no, fact is Barack Obama has a time machine. Of sorts. That’s to say, he and his acolytes are setting up their future rabble rousing and most of us stuck in December 2016 don’t seem to notice.
Dear readers we are seeing hints of the biggest de-legitimization campaign directed against a political leader since Hillary Clinton’s people tried to render Barack Obama impotent with the birther thing.
Keep in mind the left’s dependency on Saul Alinsky in general, and his twelve rules for radicals in particular. All twelve of them are significant and should be reviewed periodically by those of us residing right of the ideological center – it’s always good to study the other team’s playbook after all. Rule twelve is applicable when it comes to the de-legitimization campaign the left is running against a man that hasn’t even been sworn in as President yet. It reads:
Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.
Take A Holistic Approach
A lot has transpired since election day. Some of it is typical. Of course the left is going to freak out over certain cabinet selections – although it’s bizarre their biggest complaint seems to be that each nominee has been extraordinarily successful in his or her chosen field. And they’re going to pick apart anything that resembles success, like the Carrier deal in Indiana they are currently trying to denounce because some union boss questioned the number of jobs saved by the deal. We truly live in a strange time when saved jobs right before Christmas is viewed as a negative. Look though at the not so typical things that have emerged:
• The left’s mantra about how Hillary won the popular vote.
• The weird multi-million dollar Jill Stein recounts that fizzled out. (In some states they were halted as Trump’s share of the vote in those states actually increased and Hillary’s decreased).
• The Taiwan phone call.
• The claim that Russia hacked their way into the election to make sure Trump won.
• The idea that Barack Obama is handing Trump an economic boom.
• Fake news
• The idea that there are too many retired generals being nominated for positions in the administration.
View those six things not as disparate events but rather, as foundational for the left’s larger move to de-legitimize the Trump Presidency. These things – and ones yet to come – are designed to take Trump’s Presidential legitimacy, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. The left wants to isolate Trump’s Presidency from as many voters as they can so they can thwart any and everything his administration might try to accomplish. Consider:
• Does it matter whether Hillary Clinton won the popular vote? The United States after all is a republic that wisely rejected democratic absolutism in her founding. Democracy is the worst form of government; it is totalitarianism deceptively sold as something else. Democracy is five wolves and four hens voting on dinner. That’s why we elect Presidents using the electoral college. Without the college, we might as well just have California, Florida, Texas, New York, Illinois, and Pennsylvania alone elect our Presidents and tell the other 44 states to suck it up, butter cup. Besides, subtract all those people that voted twice, illegally, or otherwise fraudulently and presto, Hillary’s popular vote melts like an icicle in July.
• Yours truly predicted months ago that Democrats would take the election either to court or through a series of recounts. Admittedly, it was a stroke of genius on their part to outsource the sham to Jill Stein. She didn’t raise millions to do the recounts because anyone other than the waking baker crowd thought she might somehow emerge from dead last to win the Presidency via a series of recounts. All that money came from Democratic operatives that wanted a repeat of Florida circa 2000 and the subsequent de-legitimization of George W. Bush it inspired.
• To listen to the whole of progressive punditry, when Donald J. Trump picked up the phone and spoke with Tsai Ing-Wen the world went from life as usual to the brink of total annihilation only climate change could envy. Never mind of course that Hillary Clinton herself met with Taiwanese leadership at the 2011 APEC summit. What’s worse, a President-elect that takes a phone call or a Secretary of State that slept through her 3AM phone call from Libya?
• Was Russia interested in our 2016 election? Sure. And our 2012 and 2008 elections they would no doubt have influenced if they could have. Are we to discount the worth of tens of millions of Americans who threw their support behind Trump and instead pretend that Vladimir Putin secretly elected Donald Trump against the will of American voters? Hillary’s camp did call all those Americans deplorable after all. If the intelligence community got Iraqi WMDs wrong, why should we believe them when they say Russia hacked the election? Not to mention, just a few years ago intelligence analysts were caught fudging facts about ISIS in order to give Obama a view of the threat that accorded with his own worldview.
• There’s no such thing as the tooth fairy, bogeyman, Easter bunny, or an Obama economic boom. Unemployment – the real kind and not the mathematically gerrymandered statistic preferred by the media – remains just shy of ten percent. Disagree? Take that up with Obama’s Labor Department. Real incomes remain static or are declining. And there are subtle indicators in the economic weeds that suggest a 2017 recession is poised to strike.
• Fake news? Refer to stories about the Obama economic boom as a prime example of fake news.
• Aren’t the leftists complaining about too many retired generals the same leftists that openly hoped for a military coup to oust President Trump from the White House?
The left operates from a fact free zone so they’ll ignore logic as they assemble their political IEDs and plant them along the path we’ve yet to travel starting in January 2017.
Come Inauguration Day
It’s a given the usual reprobates will come out on election day to riot in the streets because even rent-a-mobs need to pay down the credit cards they ran up buying Christmas presents for friends and family. The whole gang will show up. Black Lives Matter. Fight for $15. Whatever’s left of Occupy. Sainted Al of Sharpton and his trusty sidekick Jesse Jackson. They’ll all be there in the streets making life harder mostly for those they allegedly care about the most. It will provide nice optics for the media narrative. That narrative will go something like this:
• An untried and untested man, becoming President under questionable circumstances, takes office today.
• There are still concerns about his judgement and his temperament.
• How will America respond to the Trump agenda after Obama fixed healthcare, the economy, climate, and turned war into peace?
• Americans still need healthcare, a better economy, climate change is going to kill us all, and the terror threat looms.
How will a real estate tycoon handle these and other problems?
On top of all that Obama’s legacy is going to be hoisted up and praised so ridiculously it will uncrease your pant leg and take away that tingle running up your leg. All in the name of de-legitimizing a lawfully elected President.
Image: By SACHIN SANDHU from INDIA – .Time Machine., CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4939866