International Women’s Day has been turned into “A Day without a Women”, in which women have held a series of marches and protests across the globe. It is literally a strike, since the event has called on women everywhere not to go to work. It is practically reminiscent of the March on Washington (and other marches and protests throughout the world) the day after Donald Trump was sworn in as President. In fact, the Donald is perhaps the main purpose of these protests, since feminists view him as sexist.
Since these protests are part of International Women’s Day, I wonder how many marches or protests have occurred in the Muslim world, or if women living in the West have brought attention to how women in the Muslim world are treated. The odds of either occurrence taking place are quite slim. Hence, I will discuss how women are treated in the Muslim world.
• In Islam, women are considered to be inferior to men, and hence property to be used as men please.
• Women are forced to (not given the option of) wear the nijab or burkha, because if a woman shows her hair (and part or all of her face) it might result in men who see her becoming sexually aroused. This is why there are sharia patrols who make sure women have their hair or even their complete bodies covered up. Failure to comply can result in a beating, imprisonment, or even death.
• Women are sometimes forbidden from leaving the home without a male relative escorting them, or in other cases forbidden from leaving the home without the permission of a male relative.
• Women can be beaten, whether it be as punishment for something they did or did not do, or over some trivial incident.
• Women can be killed (known as an honor killing) or forced to commit suicide if they engage in pre-marital sex, adultery, wanting a divorce, being disobedient, talking with a man who is not a relative (even if they were speaking innocently), having a boyfriend, wanting to marry someone without their family’s approval, or refusing an arranged marriage.
• Aside from arranged marriages, some women are forced to marry someone against their will.
• Child marriages are common. Muslims claim that the desert heat throughout the Muslim world causes girl to mature faster, even though there is no scientific evidence to support such a preposterous notion. But it occurs mainly because Muhammad married Aisha when she was six, and consummated the marriage when she was nine.
• In some part of the Muslim world, women are forbidden to go to school.
• In Islam, a woman’s testimony is considered to be half of that of a man’s testimony.
• If a woman is raped, she will need the testimony of four male witnesses to prove she was raped, otherwise she will be accused of adultery.
• Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men, while Muslim men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women. This is part of a “Group A absorbing Group B” tactic, with the goal of Muslims achieving world domination.
So perhaps those women who are protesting Trump and the system in general throughout the West should be reminded on how they have it better than women in the Muslim world.
Image: Modified from Hans/21515;CC0 Public Domain; https://pixabay.com/en/burka-muslim-garment-veiling-woman-117514/