Each morning, my alarm interrupts sleep with its Call to Duty – More commonly known as work, as opposed to a great X-Box game. I take those first minutes to peruse my email copy of the Army Times news feed, Air Force Digest, Early Bird, and hit the start button on the coffee pot while trying to be quiet and not wake my wife. This morning, I heard a Seattle talk show interview of a Congressman. The talk show dude asked, “Why aren’t we hearing about the really positive, great stuff happening in foreign policy and international relations?”
The Congressman answered, “Let me turn that question around. I don’t even pay attention to the fake news and Dems’ excoriation of the president because the real world is far more interesting and consumes all my time.”
Last summer with a few months to go before the elections, the Early Bird combined with panic over our currency, impending financial collapse, Survivalist emails for gear, weapons, and so on, to describe a world of impending doom and gloom. Along the axis of “All lies being equally True,” the unthinkable was Mr. Trump in the White House. One year later, in spite of the 24-hour media fake news spin, we live in a different world. It took just a single Presidential election to change hearts and minds away from pending doom but you would never know that if you watched main stream TV.
Joshua Ramo wrote in his book, The Age of the Unthinkable, that we live in an Age of Disorder. 2,000 years ago, Jesus warned about this… “And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows…” (Matt 24: 6-8 NKJV)
Jesus spoke that in the context of the theme, “Do not be deceived.”
I think it comes down to life. Mr. Trump in the third debate told Hillary that Abortion is evil. From that point, I think his election was certain, against the death candidate, though Unthinkable at the time. As a result, we got four years of grace. Maybe eight if President Trump gets re-elected.
Sitting in Church last Sunday, Facebook on my Cell phone was blowing up with good news from Iraq, the Free Burma Rangers, and I realized that things even felt different from this time, last year. Even with my President under siege from the Death Party and their disciples of death, it is obvious that the Main Stream Fake News continues to make much ado about nothing, using their only viable strategy – “All lies are Equally True.”
My personal problem is that God challenges me to pick up Joshua Ramo’s challenge to Think the Unthinkable. In my six novels to date, research of history, trans-human science, genetics, and the Domains of War, I discover flavors to the Unthinkable that push the Death Party and their Fake News pundits into the bottom drawer of irrelevance. What is the unthinkable? Of equal relevance, what are the consequences of the unthinkable?
One answer comes from Jesus, “Do not be deceived.” The rigor of pursuing that command from Jesus is hard. In the media, it used to be called, “Journalistic Integrity”. With the 24-hour spin cycle along the axis of the Internet, the velocity of “All lies being equally true” moves from ironic to sobering deception. As sad, old, and dull as the “Fake News” story is being played by the purveyors of Fake News, the reality is that they keep doing the same thing but with new lies.
For us little people out here in Flyover country, how do we set aside the blathering 24-hour news cycle to avoid that deception? To Think the Unthinkable things that do not find their way into prime time news? A few bullet point filters through which I analyze our day:
• Velocity of Information is a sub-definition of a term in Daniel where he prophesied Information would rush “too and fro” – which also implies massive increase. We are there.
• When the Church has a falling away – morally and physically – our nation will change dramatically. Suppression of the 1st and 2nd Amendments might be the main symptoms. If / When we lose those, our Republic is over. Pending. Hopefully not as close as many fear.
• Sex, Porn, Gay marriage, etc., are not the issue. Stepping away from Biblical Anthropological definitions of sex and intimacy is the issue. The spin of entertainment and Media deception shoves aside the foundations of a church militant that stands for liberty and proclaims salvation, even from sexual sin. Restoration and forgiveness possible in the Church militant – which in turn restores hearts, spouses, and families.
• As the “Hooks in the Jaws” of Russia’s leader turn him south… This will produce wars and asymmetric actions against his enemies. (Our currency and strategic capacity are targets). We are there.
• The north-south axis of Russia and Iran have political and military consequences not yet made public but we can guess a few… Russia gets the Bosporus straights and Iran gets the Moslem Holy Places – including Jerusalem. Think World War III. Pending. Can you ask, “Launch Codes?”
• The days of Noah saw the earth covered in blood. That implies a level of technology, production, a population growth pre-flood that is only understood in today’s modern contexts. Like information moving “too and fro,” We are there.
The best conclusion for why it is wise to Think the Unthinkable comes from Psalm 82: 5 and its analysis of wicked leaders in an Age of Disorder:
They do not know, nor do they understand;
They walk about in darkness;
All the foundations of the earth are unstable.
On a Work trip to Seattle and loving the beautiful Pacific Northwest Summer