DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME: ‘GLEE’ Actor Dead of Heroin/Alcohol Combo

Published on July 18, 2013

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 10.22.58 AMGLEE actor Cory Monteith died from a lethal overdose of heroin and alcohol, it was revealed last night.

But there was nothing to suggest the tragic TV star’s death was deliberate, authorities said.

Canadian Cory, 31 — Finn Hudson in the hit US school musical drama — was found dead in his hotel room on Saturday.

He had checked into rehab in April because he was hooked on prescription pills — and previously admitted to struggling with addiction since he was a teenager.

Girlfriend and Glee co-star Lea Michele, 26, had been trying to keep him off drugs but his family are said to have become “alarmed” recently at his behaviour.

Read more: