Waiters informed Northeast Ohio Media Group that he is a Muslim and that he plans to excuse himself prior to the national anthem from here on out.
“It’s because of my religion,” Waiters told NEOMG. “That’s why I stayed in the locker room.”
Waiters says he is rededicating himself more to his Muslim faith. He appears to be in a happier state.
As Haynes explains, Waiters was absent not only for the anthem, but for lineup introductions — a first because it was his first game of the season coming off the bench. In the Cavaliers’ next game on Friday in Denver, Waiters remained out of the starting lineup, but did join his teammates for the anthem.
Read more: Pamela Geller
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- VIRAL: Cute Girl’s Shirt About Trump Having Cojones Is Melting The Internet
- VIDEO: Boxer Brags, ‘I’d NEVER Let A White Boy Beat Me’ – Watch Him EAT His Words!
- PARENTS: If This Chick Punched YOUR Son – Would You Tell Him To Hit BACK? (VIRAL)
- DEAR PATRIOTS: Check Out The Way The Pope Treated CASTRO versus TRUMP (PHOTOS)
- DEAR PATRIOTS: Instead Of Getting ‘Used To Terrorism’ Should We Do THIS?
- OMG: Doctor Fired For Saying THIS About Michelle’s FACE
- Muslim with Koran Challenges Col. Allen West and INSTANTLY Regrets It (WATCH)