Waiters informed Northeast Ohio Media Group that he is a Muslim and that he plans to excuse himself prior to the national anthem from here on out.
“It’s because of my religion,” Waiters told NEOMG. “That’s why I stayed in the locker room.”
Waiters says he is rededicating himself more to his Muslim faith. He appears to be in a happier state.
As Haynes explains, Waiters was absent not only for the anthem, but for lineup introductions — a first because it was his first game of the season coming off the bench. In the Cavaliers’ next game on Friday in Denver, Waiters remained out of the starting lineup, but did join his teammates for the anthem.
Read more: Pamela Geller
Like Clash? Like Clash.
- DEAR CNN: UNDERAGE Malia Obama Causes A SCENE At NY ‘White Privilege’ Hotspot
- VIRAL VIDEO: Watch Jihadist Get Mowed Down By His Ex And Try Not To LYAO
- LMAO: Guess Which STARRING Role Streep’s Trump-Hating Rant COST Her?
- VIRAL VIDEO: Richie Rich Saudi Boy Meets NY Cop – Cop WINS and It’s HILARIOUS!
- WATCH: Neil Gorsuch EYE ROLLS Libtard Al Franken During Hearing And Its HILARIOUS
- WATCH: ‘Some Women Have Penises’ – No, This ISN’T Satire!
- SCUMBAGS Try To Rape Girl – Grand-dad With A SHOTGUN Ruins Their Day