Waiters informed Northeast Ohio Media Group that he is a Muslim and that he plans to excuse himself prior to the national anthem from here on out.
“It’s because of my religion,” Waiters told NEOMG. “That’s why I stayed in the locker room.”
Waiters says he is rededicating himself more to his Muslim faith. He appears to be in a happier state.
As Haynes explains, Waiters was absent not only for the anthem, but for lineup introductions — a first because it was his first game of the season coming off the bench. In the Cavaliers’ next game on Friday in Denver, Waiters remained out of the starting lineup, but did join his teammates for the anthem.
Read more: Pamela Geller
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: ‘Final Warning To White People, We Will Burn Down Your Houses’
- Viral: Liberal Lady Dumps Leftist Ideology – Here’s 10 Reasons She’s Finished With The Left
- Steelers Coach Rebukes Player For STANDING For Anthem – This Is Total BS
- Dear Ungrateful NFL Clowns: Watch What A PARALYZED Veteran Did During Our National Anthem
- WATCH: Antifa Rioters Try Rioting In Texas – Texans Take ‘Em To PAINTOWN
- Black NYT Whiner Says White Women ‘Walk Like Racists’ – No, This Isn’t Satire!
- This One Steeler REFUSED To Disrespect Our Nat’l Anthem – Here’s His Epic Back Story