The U.S. military is shedding so many troops and weapons it is only “marginally able” to defend the nation and falls short of the Obama administration’s national security strategy, according to a new report by The Heritage Foundation on Tuesday.
“The U.S. military itself is aging. It’s shrinking in size,” said Dakota Wood, a Heritage analyst. “And it’s quickly becoming problematic in terms of being able to address more than one major conflict.”
President Obama’s latest strategy is to size the armed forces so that the four military branches have sufficient troops, ships, tanks and aircraft to win a large war, while simultaneously acting to “deny the objectives of — or impose unacceptable costs on — another aggressor in another region.”
In other words, the Quadrennial Defense Review says the military can essentially fight two major conflicts at once. It could defeat an invasion of South Korea by the North, for example, and stop Russia from invading Western Europe or Iran from conquering a Persian Gulf state.
Read more: Washington Times
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- DEAR AMERICA: What The HELL Is Michelle Wearing? (Will YOU Miss Her?)
- DEAR DEMOCRAT DUMBASSES: Guess WHO Voter Fraud In Michigan FAVORED
- ‘THE DUDE’: Jeff Bridges SHOCKS Hollywood When He Says THIS About The President-Elect
- ‘IF YOU KNOW GUN ENTHUSIASTS, TURN THEM IN’: Austin Police Chief Says Cops Need To ‘Vet’ Gun Owners
- LMAO: After 1 Day Of RECOUNTING – Look How Many Votes Hillary GAINED
- QUESTION: Michelle To Do Farewell Interview With Oprah – Will YOU Watch It?
- MADONNA’S ‘ASHAMED’ SHE’S AN AMERICAN: ‘ Are You ASHAMED She’s An American?