The U.S. military is shedding so many troops and weapons it is only “marginally able” to defend the nation and falls short of the Obama administration’s national security strategy, according to a new report by The Heritage Foundation on Tuesday.
“The U.S. military itself is aging. It’s shrinking in size,” said Dakota Wood, a Heritage analyst. “And it’s quickly becoming problematic in terms of being able to address more than one major conflict.”
President Obama’s latest strategy is to size the armed forces so that the four military branches have sufficient troops, ships, tanks and aircraft to win a large war, while simultaneously acting to “deny the objectives of — or impose unacceptable costs on — another aggressor in another region.”
In other words, the Quadrennial Defense Review says the military can essentially fight two major conflicts at once. It could defeat an invasion of South Korea by the North, for example, and stop Russia from invading Western Europe or Iran from conquering a Persian Gulf state.
Read more: Washington Times
Like Clash? Like Clash.
Please disable your Ad Blocker to leave a comment.
- WIKILEAKS: Here’s The Evidence Hillary PLANNED To Make Trump Look Like SEXUAL Predator
- QUESTION: Would You Like To See Trump Win Just To PROVE The Media WRONG?
- WATCH: Highly ACCURATE Election Model Says Trump Will STOMP Hillary
- WIKILEAKS: Guess Who OWNED 75,000 Shares in PUTIN Energy Company
- LEAKED: New Huma Abedin Email SHOCKER — Is This The END For Hillary?
- CLASH POLL: Trump Called Hillary A ‘NASTY WOMAN’ – Do You Agree?
- WATCH: These Black Rappers Are PRO-TRUMP, Their DEFENSE Of Him Is HILARIOUS