If 2% Are Because of Rape, Then 98% of Abortions Take Place for Precisely What Reason?

“You are judgmental and controlling”, the liberal jeered in response to my question which nonetheless still stands:

If 2% of abortions happen because of rape, incest, or cases in which the mother’s life is threatened by her pregnancy, what is the reason for the remaining 98% of abortions?

The Fox News Democratic candidate town hall is what kicked this social media discussion off. Both Hillary and Bernie were asked about abortion. Naturally, I used Twitter to ask the question. Once the liberal and I moved beyond her repeated answer, “it’s none of your business” – which isn’t true given the left’s never ending quest to expand the definition of healthcare while requiring everyone to pay for it. (It’s also not true because any time the left wants to talk about abortion, they bring up the 2%; in the interest of a truly holistic discussion on this topic the 98% are also fair game). I thought we were getting somewhere. And we were.

The strawman of yours truly being “judgmental and controlling” spoke volumes. To begin with, isn’t it judgmental to call someone else judgmental? Doing it as a strawman to redirect the course of a discussion is controlling, is it not? My interlocutor no doubt would have rather seen the whole thing devolve into a rhetorical food fight.

Rhetorical food fights don’t answer the question though. It ought not be a challenging question. 2% of abortions occur after rape or incest leads to conception, or after a pregnancy in some way becomes a medical threat to the mother’s life. The other 98% occur because ___________________.

“How do you know, Mister Allen, that 2% of abortions occur for those such reasons that you state”, is the next liberal strawman used to avoid answering the question. Sure, let’s debate the statistical veracity of 2% and not the root causes of the other 98% of abortions.

Root causes. I thought liberals loved to explore root causes.

It’s true that abortion statistics aren’t always the easiest to come by. Unlike other areas of healthcare, abortion retained many of it’s back alley qualities after it emerged as an accepted part of medicine. It’s not hard to find year by year statistics discussing brain tumors and sprained ankles. Definitely not as hard as getting firm numbers from the abortion industry. Not when there are Kermit Gosnells running little shops of horror in neighborhoods that are disproportionately black.

By the way, most abortions are done to end black pregnancies. More on that in a moment.

In 1989 New York Times reported that rape and incest accounted for “just one percent” of all abortions. With that as a starting point, and acknowledging that despite liberal complaints regarding our healthcare system, 2% is a reasonable estimate of all those abortions performed due to rape, incest, or threats to the life of the mother. If 2% is too charitable fine, assume that 20% of abortions are performed due to cases of rape, incest, or to spare the mother’s life. Even then that means 80% of abortions have nothing to do with rape. Those abortions have nothing to do with incest. And that the mother’s pregnancy is perfectly healthy yet an abortion happens anyway.

More often than not it’s a black woman that’s strapped down in position so that the abortion in question can be completed. Estimates vary, but since Roe versus Wade at least 40,000,000 black women have been on the receiving end of Planned Parenthood’s business model, meaning that at least 40,000,000 black men and women aren’t among us today in America. #BlackLivesMatter are you taking note? Probably not.

I never did get an answer to my question. Didn’t expect one. I offered the easy way out and asked if reproductive misadventures were the reason for the other 98%. That too was either “none of my business” or was too “judgmental and controlling” – or is it “controlling and judgmental”?

Reproductive misadventures was a deliberate term, offered to give the liberal the opportunity to blame income inequality for the 98%. Liberals routinely blame income inequality for crime, ISIS, climate change, and racism so they can connect dots between it and abortion too. You know, there’s all this income inequality going around so otherwise sane and normal women run around sleeping with every fertile hombre they can find because, well, there’s income inequality.

So, what is the reason for 98% of abortions?  

Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/infomatique/5894551073/

Share if you think this abortion question deserves to be answered.

Andrew Allen

About the author, Andrew Allen: Andrew Allen (@aandrewallen) grew up in the American southeast and for more than two decades has worked as an information technoloigies professional in various locations around the globe. A former far-left activist, Allen became a conservative in the late 1990s following a lengthy period spent questioning his own worldview. When not working IT-related issues or traveling, Andrew Allen spends his time discovering new ways to bring the pain by exposing the idiocy of liberals and their ideology. View all articles by Andrew Allen

Like Clash? Like Clash.

Leave a Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.