The never-let-a-crisis-go to waste crowd is at it again. Captain Jeff Kuss, the Blue Angel killed recently when his plane crashed, has barely been laid to rest. And there’s San Francisco politician John Avalos, windfall profiteering – in this case earning political brownie points instead of cash – off Kuss’s untimely passing.
Really, there are slip-and-fall lawyers that don’t move in to take advantage of a tragedy this quickly.
John Avalos represents District 11 on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. He says, in the name of safety, he wants to ban the legendary Navy and Marine Corps Blue Angels from performing over San Francisco.
Avalos doesn’t care one bit about anyone’s safety. He said so himself:
“It’s about the terror that they cause in people when they strafe neighborhoods. That’s something I hear about all the time when Blue Angels fly overhead”.
No. The Blue Angels don’t “strafe” neighborhoods. Strafing occurs when an aircraft attacks a ground target by flying low and firing the aircraft’s guns at the target. The Blue Angels aren’t firing into San Francisco neighborhoods – some might wish they were but sorry, the Blue Angels don’t do that.
This isn’t the first time the far left has pretended to care about safety in order to ban Blue Angels performances over San Francisco. About eight years ago a similar campaign to ban the Blue Angels occurred in San Francisco. Back then, Code Pink were the malcontents claiming they were worried about safety.
Really, if this had anything at all to do with safety wouldn’t the smarter solution involve re-routing all flights arriving and departing San Francisco International away from populated areas. (In 2014 my flight from Honolulu into San Francisco came in nice and low over San Francisco neighborhoods – I could count the cars parked on side streets and pedestrians out for an evening stroll).
Like Code Pink, Avalos is just another far left hack trying to score political points off the tragic death of a military member. Consider:
– John Avalos was once an SEIU organizer.
– John Avalos worked hand in glove with an outfit called Coleman Advocates. What do Coleman Advocates do? To paraphrase their own “core values” and “mission statement”, through “grassroots organizing” they seek to “advance racial and economic justice” in San Francisco schools and the city at large. Blah, blah, blah, “living wage jobs”, blah, blah, blah, “family-supporting benefits”.
– John Avalos was Chris Daly’s legislative aide. For those unfamiliar with Daly, suffice it to say that his ideology trended to the left of far-left San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom.
– John Avalos authored a resolution condemning Israel’s attack on the so-called “freedom flotilla”, despite undeniable evidence that the “flotilla” of wannabe jihadists had nothing whatsoever to do with “freedom” and everything to do with advancing Islamofascism.
– John Avalos sponsored legislation to block the city of San Francisco from cooperating with federal law enforcement authorities attempting deport illegals. Kathryn Steinle come to anyone’s mind?
One wonders, if Mexico had a flight demonstration team, would Avalos be okay if it flew over San Francisco. Or if ISIS had a team would Avalos welcome them. He probably would.
Were I in charge of the Blue Angels as a matter of principle I wouldn’t have the team perform over San Francisco. The city over and over again has proven that they aren’t worthy of such a privilege.
PS: John Avalos can be reached by phone at 415-554-6975 or via email at John.Avalos@sfgov.org
_team,_the_Blue_Angels,_fly_their_F-A-18A_Hornets_over_San_Francisco%5Ersquo,s_Golden_Gate_Bridge.jpg; Seaman S. C. Irwin