In less than two months it’ll all be over except for the crying…and the claims of electoral fraud, recounts, court challenges, and theatrics of a kind we haven’t seen since Al Gore tried to steal victory from George W Bush. What are we going to be talking about after November 8?
1. If we’re really, really lucky, the K.O. punch delivered to the Clinton dynasty. After losing 2016, Hillary won’t be making a last ditch run for the White House in 2020. Chelsea won’t be able to move into Kirsten Gillibrand’s Senate seat either. The way it was supposed to work, mom would win the Presidency and then give Gillibrand a job in the administration. Chelsea would then have been appointed to fill the Senate vacancy until 2018. Chelsea would have run for re-election to keep the seat until 2024 from which she’d shoot for the Presidency herself that year.
2. If we’re really, really unlucky, we’ll have four years of a Hillary Presidency to deal with. If there’s a silver-lining, Hillary doesn’t do press conferences so that will cut down on having to hear her nauseating cackle.
3. If we’re unluckier than that, take item two and swap the phrase “four years of a” with “eight years of a”.
4. Endless jabbering from liberal regressives about Trump said this or Trump said that and how shameful it is for a President of the United States to put the United States at the head of the line.
5. A string of fruitless Congressional inquiries into any number of a dozen or more Clinton scandals that will fester in her White House the way an open sore festers on flesh.
6. A string of fruitless Congressional inquiries into any and everything Trump does that threaten supporters (ie, labor union, race mongers, etc) of the Democratic Party’s cabal.
7. A false economy just like the one we’ve endured the past eight years.
8. An economy booming on a Ronald Reagan-era magnitude. (It ought to blow millennial minds since most have never seen true, real economic prosperity before).
9. How historic it is to have the first woman President, and what does that make Bill?
10. How historic it is for Americans to have truly elected a political outsider for the first time in generations, and damn doesn’t FLOTUS look great!