The Ground Zero cross doesn’t violate anyone’s constitutional rights.
American Atheists claims that showing the artifact violates the separation of church and state. The cross’ very existence has caused “symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish” in members, the group gripes.
The suit has forced a whole lot of lawyering by attorneys representing the 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation and the Port Authority, along with defendants who have been dropped from the case, including the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. and Father Brian Jordan, a Catholic priest who had prayed before the icon.
The Port Authority and museum have asked Judge Deborah Batts to dismiss this lunacy, pointing out, for one thing, that the steel is part of the historical record, as is the emotion it engendered.
Nothing more need be said, except thank you to the firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, which waived its normally high fees for the museum foundation. Batts should end this frivolous waste of time, money and energy forthwith.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- URINAL PROTESTS: You Won’t Believe What Liberals Are Claiming About URINALS & Men
- PARENTS: If This Chick Punched YOUR Son – Would You Tell Him To Hit BACK? (VIRAL)
- Churchill’s Grandson SLAMS Trump – Winston Would Be ASHAMED Of His Grandson
- LET’S PLAY: Name Something You Trust MORE Than Her – Here’s Our List
- Top Cop Calls NFL Whiners ‘Anti-American Degenerates’ – Look What Happened To Her
- Is Madonna Drunk, Losing Her Marbles, Or Both? (Bizarre Video)
- A BIGGER, More Concentrated, NFL Boycott Is Brewing – This’ll Get Their Attention