The Ground Zero cross doesn’t violate anyone’s constitutional rights.
American Atheists claims that showing the artifact violates the separation of church and state. The cross’ very existence has caused “symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish” in members, the group gripes.
The suit has forced a whole lot of lawyering by attorneys representing the 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation and the Port Authority, along with defendants who have been dropped from the case, including the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. and Father Brian Jordan, a Catholic priest who had prayed before the icon.
The Port Authority and museum have asked Judge Deborah Batts to dismiss this lunacy, pointing out, for one thing, that the steel is part of the historical record, as is the emotion it engendered.
Nothing more need be said, except thank you to the firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, which waived its normally high fees for the museum foundation. Batts should end this frivolous waste of time, money and energy forthwith.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Watch: Black Bro Goes Off On DACA & Cali Lawmakers – It’s Brutal And Hilarious
- Green Beret Bad@ss Takes On The #MeToo Ladies And It’s Epic
- Yo, NFL Dolts: 94yr. Old Bob Dole Just Put Y’all To Shame – Watch And Learn
- A ‘Dreamer’ Who Killed 2 Cops Smiles During Trial – ‘I Wish I Killed More Of Those Motherf***ers’
- WATCH: Pretty Girl Shows Her Panties In Public – ONLY A Lefty Will Understand ‘Why’
- Woman Kills Punk Robbing Her Home – The Response Of The Punk’s Family Is Mind-blowing
- Shocking: First State-Funded Muslim School Taken Over By Gov’t After Pro-Rape Books Found