Libyan President to NBC-“Youtube Video Had Nothing to do with Massacre.” 

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

… and the most shocking bit of this story is that NBC actually aired this interview.  It sure ain’t the smack they’ve been peddling as they run interference for el Presidente.

NBC News – An anti-Islam film that sparked violent protests in many countries had “nothing to do with” a deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi earlier this month, Libya’s president told NBC News.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Ann Curry, President Mohamed Magarief discounted claims that the attack was in response to a movie produced in California and available on YouTube. He noted that the assault happened on Sept. 11 and that the video had been available for months before that.

Trending: James Woods Wants To Know How A ‘Migrant Caravan’ Is Moving So Fast?

“Reaction should have been, if it was genuine, should have been six months earlier. So it was postponed until the 11th of September,” he said. “They chose this date, 11th of September to carry a certain message.”

Magarief said there were no protesters at the site before the attack, which he noted came in two assaults, first with rocket-propelled grenades on the consulate, then with mortars at a safe house.

Read more at nbcnews.com

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please hover over that comment, click the ∨ icon, and mark it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.