The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Dear America: Officials Wanted FL School Shooter Committed But The ‘Authorities’ Said, ‘Nah.’
- LMAO: Christian Film Outperforms Gay Romantic Comedy
- BREAKING: Armed Resource Officer Shoots & Kills Maryland School Shooter
- Dear America: The Miami Bridge Disaster Was As Avoidable As The Parkland Massacre – Here’s The 411
- Parkland Survivor Blasts Whoopi and Her ‘False Narrative’
- Photos: Jimmy Kimmel Hates These Pics – So, Of Course, Spread Them Around
- Dear #MeToo Chicks: Why The Silence Over The Rape Of These Girls By This Religion?