The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Dear America: The FBI Has Bill & Loretta’s Tarmac Docs – Here’s 9 Things You NEED To Know
- Dear Millennials: Your ‘Stodgy Old Parents’ Were Way COOLER Than You – Here’s Photo PROOF
- Watch: This Could Be The Dumbest Group Of Chicks Ever – Good Lord!
- PHOTOS: Here’s PROOF Pets DO Look Like Their Owners – Please Forward To Hillary
- Trump Admin Declares It’s Position On When ‘Life Begins’ – MANY Will Not Like This
- PICTURED: Girl Decides NOT To Shave Legs For A Year – The Results Are HAIRY!
- This Chick’s Tweet About ‘Super Bowls & Presidents’ PROVES She Went To Publick Skewl