The march forward for trans civil rights proceeds apace, its momentum unflagging. It was one year ago this week that Judge William Pryor of Alabama, a man not known for his sympathies for the LGBT community, stated in the 11th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in Atlanta that trans persons were a protected class under the 14th Amendment. Now the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- WATCH: ‘I Sat NAKED Under A Robe’ – New Trump Accuser Is The FUNNIEST
- WATCH: Whitetail Deer Jump Off Overpass – Here’s The Results
- LMAO: This Girl’s ‘Liberal X-Ray’ Shirt Is The Best D@mn Shirt Online Right Now!
- Young People Don’t Like Being Called ‘Snowflake’ – So, Here’s 13 Replacement Words For The Snowflakes
- QUESTION: If A Woman FABRICATES Sexual Misconduct Claims Should She Go To PRISON?
- Trump Haters Giddy Over EX-FOX Chick Saying Trump Tried To KISS Her – There’s Only 3 Problems With Her Claim
- Michelle Tells Audience She’s A ‘SEX Symbol’ – No, This Is Not Satire