Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.
“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.
The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- PICTURED: Hillary’s Broken Foot Pics Are Revealed And It Looks BAD!
- Dear CNN: Obama’s FBI Hid Hillary’s ‘Russia Connection’ — Is THAT News?
- He Body Slammed Her At A Pool Party – Watch What She Did To Him In Court!
- This Girl’s Halloween T-Shirt Has Been Deemed ‘OFFENSIVE’ – Would You DARE To Wear It?
- Big Girl Tries To Beat Up Cop – Gets Taken To Billyclub Boulevard Instead
- FRANKLIN GRAHAM: Nearly 500k People Just ‘Liked’ What Graham Said About ‘Caitlyn Jenner’
- WATCH: Sniper Takes OUT Stupid Kidnapper (GRAPHIC VIDEO)