Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.
“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.
The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- BREAKING: Terror Attack In New York – Guess Who The Culprit Is?
- Trump Haters Giddy Over EX-FOX Chick Saying Trump Tried To KISS Her – There’s Only 3 Problems With Her Claim
- DISGUSTING: NFL Clown Launches Insane Tirade Against COPS – Another Out Of Control PUNK
- Michelle Tells Audience She’s A ‘SEX Symbol’ – No, This Is Not Satire
- CLASH POLL: Cop Kills Man After He Attacks Cop – Was It JUSTIFIABLE?
- Dear Joy Behar: Is Grabbing Robin Williams’ Junk ‘Just Joking’ Or Molestation?
- FOX Hires Actors To POSE As Fans For Rams Game – This Is TRULY Pathetic