The Senate this week warned lawmakers and their staff not to sign up for Obamacare’s health exchanges, saying that the administration hasn’t yet finalized the rules for how to keep paying for their premiums. “Members and staff are advised that they should delay enrolling in health insurance plans until we are able to offer further guidance as to how they should enroll in these insurance plans for 2014,” the Senate disbursing office said in an email to staffers Monday. “Premature enrollment could adversely impact eligibility for the employer premium contribution.” The health exchanges are slated to open next week, and mark a key milestone for the Affordable Care Act. They were created as marketplaces where those who are now required to obtain insurance but who don’t get plans through their jobs can go to shop for coverage. During the 2009 health care debate Congress approved language insisting that lawmakers and staffers in their personal offices will lose their federal health plans and must shop for plans on the exchanges — though last month’s ruling by the Office of Personnel Management said taxpayers will still continue to pay 72 percent of the premiums. Republicans said that’s a benefit most Americans won’t get. Read More
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- This Graduation Letter From The 1930’s Would Be Banned From Schools Today
- Watch: Chick Says Cop Sexually Assaulted Her – Dash Cam Video Tells A Different Tale
- Watch: Dude Loses His Sh*t On Airplane, Starts Punching People, What Would You Do?
- Watch: This ‘I Love My Vagana’ Video Is The Weirdest Damn Video We’ve Seen
- Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs Just Kicked The Shiitake Mushrooms Out Of Trey Gowdy – Is Lou Right or Ridiculous?
- Muslim Millionaire Cleared Of Raping Teen – ‘I Accidentally Tripped And Penetrated Her’
- Watch: Hillary Goes Stone Cold When Asked About Ivanka Being 1st Female President