The Senate this week warned lawmakers and their staff not to sign up for Obamacare’s health exchanges, saying that the administration hasn’t yet finalized the rules for how to keep paying for their premiums. “Members and staff are advised that they should delay enrolling in health insurance plans until we are able to offer further guidance as to how they should enroll in these insurance plans for 2014,” the Senate disbursing office said in an email to staffers Monday. “Premature enrollment could adversely impact eligibility for the employer premium contribution.” The health exchanges are slated to open next week, and mark a key milestone for the Affordable Care Act. They were created as marketplaces where those who are now required to obtain insurance but who don’t get plans through their jobs can go to shop for coverage. During the 2009 health care debate Congress approved language insisting that lawmakers and staffers in their personal offices will lose their federal health plans and must shop for plans on the exchanges — though last month’s ruling by the Office of Personnel Management said taxpayers will still continue to pay 72 percent of the premiums. Republicans said that’s a benefit most Americans won’t get. Read More
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Trump TROLLS LaVar Ball – It’s BRUTAL & PERFECT
- FRANKLIN GRAHAM: Nearly 500k People Just ‘Liked’ What Graham Said About ‘Caitlyn Jenner’
- ‘LaVar Ball Is Everything That’s WRONG With America’ – Bros Put Ball On FULL BLAST!
- WATCH: Cute Girl Struts Thru Mall In BODY PAINT – The Reactions Are INTERESTING
- PERFECTION: ‘Why I Don’t Hire Democrats to Work For Me”
- WATCH: Pretty Girl Shows Her Panties In Public – ONLY A Lefty Will Understand ‘Why’
- PATRIOTS: Should TAX-PAYERS Fund ‘Safe Spaces’ For Muslims In The U.S.?