A federal judge ruled Monday evening that the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee could indeed proceed with a lawsuit against the Justice Department to access certain Fast and Furious documents. Attorney General Eric Holder had attempted to dismiss the suit. But U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson turned aside that request, asserting the House claim: President Obama could not claim executive privilege and halt certain “Operation Fast and Furious” records from being turned over to Congress for review, Politico reported. It read, in part: “This case presents the sort of question that the courts are traditionally called upon to resolve. Dismissing the case without hearing it would in effect place the court’s finger on the scale, designating the executive as the victor based solely on his untested assertion that the privilege applies.” The Justice Department only said in response that officials were reviewing the ruling, Politico reported. The legal brouhaha came on the heels of Mr. Holder’s refusal to provide all the documentation sought by House members regarding the Justice Department’s responses to Fast and Furious. Fast and Furious was an undercover operation aimed at rooting out illegal gun trafficking operations along the Mexican border. Read More
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- This Graduation Letter From The 1930’s Would Be Banned From Schools Today
- Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs Just Kicked The Shiitake Mushrooms Out Of Trey Gowdy – Is Lou Right or Ridiculous?
- Muslim Millionaire Cleared Of Raping Teen – ‘I Accidentally Tripped And Penetrated Her’
- Watch: Dude Loses His Sh*t On Airplane, Starts Punching People, What Would You Do?
- Watch: Hillary Goes Stone Cold When Asked About Ivanka Being 1st Female President
- Claim: CNN’s Favorite Creepy Porn Lawyer Abused, Threatened Wife
- Hey CNN: Will You Report On The Arrest, Imprisonment of this British ‘Citizen Journalist’?