A cancer-stricken mother has passed away just 12 hours after her three daughters held a last-minute joint wedding so that she could attend.
Sarah, Kaylee and Jodie Swales – aged 19, 21 and 22 – from Snellville, Georgia learned last week that their mother’s breast cancer had spread to her liver and there was nothing doctors could do.
The sisters had planned to marry on October 26 but as their mother’s condition worsened, they decided to wed on Sunday afternoon to fulfill her final wish of seeing them walk down the aisle.
Surrounded by friends and family, and with their mother Becky and father Otis in the front row, the sisters took turns to marry their fiances as the others watched.
‘It’s kind of bittersweet,’ Jodie Swales told FOX5 before the ceremony. ‘We are happy that she’s here, but this will probably be the last big thing that we do with her.’
Sarah added: ‘It’s not like losing a mom, it’s like losing a mom and a best friend and anyone would want their best friend at their wedding.
‘Our wedding wouldn’t be the same if she wasn’t there to experience it with us.’
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Busted: McCain’s Office Conspired With Lois Lerner To Weaponize The IRS Against Tea Party Orgs
- Real Men Are Hard To Handle – That’s Why The Left Hates Masculinity
- Watch: Goofball Asks Girlfriend To Shoot A Book He’s Holding – That Was A Bad Idea
- Meet The Clown Who Who Went Bezerk On Our Homeland Security Chief At A Restaurant
- Dear CNN: All Your Border Blather Failed – Look At This New Poll
- Trump Fires Back At Heckler With A Man Bun And It’s Funny AF
- Hollywood Writer Threatens Donald Jr’s Little Girl – Here’s The 411