There’s a new game in town called the “Knock-out Game” and it’s taking the country by storm! But the great thing about this game is it’s being played by both young and old alike. Kids think it’s fun. Adults, though they’ve yet to embrace the game, are playing regardless, because, well, they really have no choice. You see, the game is played like this. A teenage male strikes an unsuspecting person from behind, or as they walk by, as hard as they can. The goal is to knock them unconscious with one punch. It’s being played with increasing regularity all across our big cities.
I’ve watched all the videos and they sicken me, no, more than that, they anger me. Kids say it’s fun. I say it’s sick and twisted and the end-game of a Godless society. But that’s not what I’m here to talk about today. I don’t care about the “why” or the social causes and ramifications of this disgusting violence. The purpose of this article is to teach you how to defend against roving teen-age punks who are hell-bent on hurting or killing you. Here are some handy tips to help you win the “Knock-out Game.”
1. Always be in a heightened state of awareness. After studying the videos, it’s obvious all the victims were clueless and lost in their own la-la, sheeplike world of innocent oblivion. Step number one to winning the game is to reach back and pull your daydreaming head out of your rectal orifice. Stop being a sheep! The NRA teaches four levels of awareness: Unaware, Aware, Alert, and Alarm. America’s days of walking around unaware are over. Stay in the “Aware” state of mind. You aren’t paranoid, but you’re watching that roving band of teenagers laughing and joking as they herd toward you.
2. Embrace the warrior mindset. Go to www.killology.com and study Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman’s books and articles on sheep, sheepdogs and wolves. Look up, make eye contact with the little beasts and move away. What are you telling them when you make eye contact? “I can see you. I know you’re there. I can pick you out of a police line-up. I am not a sheep. If you mess with me, I will kick your ass!”
But here’s the problem, most of you reading this article are sheep. You stand on the hill and go “Baa!” as you’re being slaughtered. Here’s the skinny. Sheephood is a choice. Sure, some of us are naturally more aggressive than others. We’re jam-packed with testosterone and attitude, and we’d just as soon shoot a bad guy as look at them. If you’re a sheep, start your transition to warrior right now!
3. Get some training. I recommend some basic hand-to-hand tactics you can practice at home. You don’t need a black belt in karate to foil an attacker. Most of us don’t have that much time, and many of the martial arts are more “art form” and less practical for use in the real world. Focus on learning just a few hand-to-hand techniques that you can master in a short amount of time. All you need is just a few seconds of delaying tactics in order to get out your gun and bring it into play.
4. Buy a gun! That’s right. I used the “G” word. Buy a gun. Learn to use it safely. (Safe for you, but dangerous for the bad guy.) Author’s Note: I’m not a lawyer and I’m not giving you legal advice. Take the time to research all local, state and federal firearms laws before gunning down your attacker. But, since I am an NRA Advanced Defensive Pistol Instructor, I will give you some tactical advice. For best results in self defense, I recommend two shots to the chest and one to the head. When facing multiple attackers treat it like a zone defense in basketball. Shoot the greatest threat first. Chances are you won’t have to shoot them all as they’ll be knocking each other down in a futile effort to outrun your bullets.
5. Get some advanced defensive pistol tactical training. It’s not enough to be a good shot. You have to be capable of delivering multiple kill shots while under extreme duress. When teaching advanced pistol classes I always add the element of stress in an effort to raise heart rate and cause an adrenaline dump into the bloodstream. Don’t take sissified gun classes where you stand there and plink at typing paper. Move, shoot and live! Most of my practice these days is point shooting within ten feet. There’s no such thing as a long-distance knock-out punch. If you have to use your firearm you’ll be up close and personal.
6. Get a very good lawyer. If you follow my advice and you have the misfortune of being second-guessed, you’re going to need excellent counsel. Ask George Zimmerman. He’ll tell you. America is a very just land, and you can have as much justice as you can afford. Do what I did. Join one of the many legal defense networks out there. I recommend two: Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc. and also Self Defense Shield by the United States Concealed Carry Association. Both will serve you well and are affordable by most. Don’t wait until after a shooting. Be prepared in all aspects.
Okay, by now some of you are shaking your head and calling me a bloodthirsty, insensitive animal. I don’t care. Tell that to English teacher Jim Addlespurger in Pittsburg who was knocked out with one punch when leaving his school. Tell that to the seventy-eight-year-old woman in Brooklyn who was sucker punched when she stepped off her porch. They were no doubt sensitive to the point of kissing the pavement.
If being sensitive means I have to take a punch to the face which may seriously injure me or kill me, then to hell with sensitivity. If you wind up to punch me, I’ll be watching, and I will fight back. The Coryell household is a “no-sheep zone”. We are armed and dangerous and we don’t care about your poor potty training or whatever other sorry, pitiful liberal sob story you have. We are trained. So get the hell off my lawn!
Image: Courtesy of: http://boxingcoachmike.com/about-me