By ANITA BUSCH , Deadline Hollywood
A day after he announced he was going to make a film taking on the NRAwith Meryl Streep, Harvey Weinstein — the producer of several violent films — told CNN’s Piers Morgan in an interview to air tonight that he has had a change of heart about violent content in film. Asked by Morgan about his hypocrisy of making these violent films, Weinstein said, “They have a point. You have to look in the mirror, too. I have to choose movies that aren’t violent or as violent as they used to be. I know for me personally, you know, I can’t continue to do that. The change starts here. It has already. For me, I can’t do it. I can’t make one movie and say this is want I want for my kids and then just go out and be a hypocrite.” He added that he would make a movie like Lone Survivor, “a tribute to the United States special forces,” but “I’m not going to make some crazy action movie just to blow up people and exploit people just for the sake of making it.” As far as Streep, he said, “people have to remember that Meryl Streep is an actress. She’s working as someone whose playing a part and all the heat should come my way.”
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Dear America: The FBI Has Bill & Loretta’s Tarmac Docs – Here’s 9 Things You NEED To Know
- PHOTOS: Here’s PROOF Pets DO Look Like Their Owners – Please Forward To Hillary
- Dear Millennials: Your ‘Stodgy Old Parents’ Were Way COOLER Than You – Here’s Photo PROOF
- Guess What NFL Players Are NOW Supposedly ‘Protesting’ – What A Crock Of Crap
- Watch: This Could Be The Dumbest Group Of Chicks Ever – Good Lord!
- Trump Admin Declares It’s Position On When ‘Life Begins’ – MANY Will Not Like This
- PICTURED: Girl Decides NOT To Shave Legs For A Year – The Results Are HAIRY!