If you want to come to the end of your life and have tons of regret, make sure that you do all of the things on this list. You will be guaranteed to make a not-so-grand exit. See below…
1. Wearing a mask to impress others. – If the face you always show the world is a mask, someday there will be nothing beneath it.
2. Letting someone else create your dreams for you. – The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are; the second greatest is being happy with what you find.
3. Keeping negative company. – Don’t let someone who has a bad attitude give it to you. Don’t let them get to you.
4. Being selfish and egotistical. – A life filled with loving deeds and good character is the best tombstone.
5. Avoiding change and growth. – If you want to know your past look into your present conditions.
6. Giving up when the going gets tough. – There are no failures, just results. Even if things don’t unfold the way you had expected, don’t be disheartened or give up.
7. Trying to micromanage every little thing. – Life should be touched, not strangled. Sometimes you’ve got to relax and let life happen without incessant worry and micromanagement.
8. Settling for less than you deserve. – Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
9. Endlessly waiting until tomorrow. – The trouble is, you always think you have more time than you do.
10. Being lazy and wishy-washy. – The world doesn’t owe you anything, you owe the world something. So stop daydreaming and start DOING.
Read more: The Open Mind