1. The Pearl High School shooting
Oct. 1, 1997
Luke Woodham fatally stabbed and bludgeoned his mother and went on to kill two students and injure seven others at his high school. Woodham was stopped by Assistant Principal Joel Myrick, a U.S. Army Reserve commander, who detained Woodham by using a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he kept in his truck, until authorities could show up.
Myrick stopped Woodham from going across the street to the middle school.
2. The Parker Middle School dance shooting
April 24, 1998
Andrew Wurst showed up to his middle school dance with his .25-caliber pistol. He fired it, killing a teacher, wounding a second one, and injuring two students. The 14-year-old’s shoot-out lasted about 20 minutes. It was ended when James Strand, the owner of the banquet hall the dance was happening in, confronted Wurst with his personal shotgun. He ordered Wurst to drop his weapon and held the teenager in place for 11 minutes before finally getting him to drop the weapon and lie on the ground, and then searched him for other weapons.
3. The Appalachian School of Law shooting
Jan. 16, 2002
A 43-year-old Nigerian former student named Peter Odighizuwa arrived on campus with a handgun. There are different variations of the story, but according toeyewitness accounts, law students Tracy Bridges, a county sheriff’s deputy, and Mikael Gross, a police officer, ran to their cars after hearing gunshots and grabbed personally owned firearms. They approached Odighizuwa, ordering him to drop his firearm; he did and was subdued by unarmed students.
Three people were killed and three others were wounded.
4. The New Life Church shooting
Dec. 9, 2007
A former police officer from Minnesota named Jeanne Assam was at church when a 24-year-old gunman named Matthew Murray began firing at parishioners in the parking lot. Murray claimed two victims before Assam opened fire on him with her personally owned concealed weapon. After receiving multiple hits from Assam, Murray then shot himself.
Read the rest at Buzzfeed
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- This Graduation Letter From The 1930’s Would Be Banned From Schools Today
- Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs Just Kicked The Shiitake Mushrooms Out Of Trey Gowdy – Is Lou Right or Ridiculous?
- Watch: Dude Loses His Sh*t On Airplane, Starts Punching People, What Would You Do?
- Watch: Chick Says Cop Sexually Assaulted Her – Dash Cam Video Tells A Different Tale
- Watch: This ‘I Love My Vagana’ Video Is The Weirdest Damn Video We’ve Seen
- Watch: Hillary Goes Stone Cold When Asked About Ivanka Being 1st Female President
- Claim: CNN’s Favorite Creepy Porn Lawyer Abused, Threatened Wife