President Obama offered a softer deviation from his typical “I dare you” rhetoric so often seen when he addresses the supposed need for his executive actions in bypassing a dysfunctional Congress. Obama maintained that what he was offering was not, in fact, “amnesty,” but a simpler expansion of the right to stay in America free from the worry of deportation- to allow those who broke the law to make amends and “get right with the law” and stay in the country.Or, in laymen’s terms: amnesty.The president’s address outlined his plan to expand the ability of up to five million illegal immigrants to stay in the country, but that such a plan does not allow citizenship for those who have cut the line and come here illegally.The speech was filled with numerous sob-stories of hypothetical children and adults who have endured hardship for having been here illegally. The president also addressed the very-real case of Astrid Silva, an illegal immigrant who has thrived academically and now works to address the need for amnesty as a human rights consideration.At the center of this debate, however, is not merely the right and wrong of rewarding criminality with citizenship or legalization but the president’s inherent inability to make such sweeping orders and in doing so, bypass the elected legislative bodies.Read more: TPNN
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- LMAO: Hillary Says If Trump Investigates Her It’ll Be A ‘Disastrous Step Towards…
- Dear Ladies: If You Accuse Fox Host Of Sexual Harassment, Be Certain To Delete Seductive Emails
- ‘Sasha Obama’ Praises ‘Scandal Free’ Father – Internet Immediately Takes Her Truth Town
- BANNED: Gene Simmons Gets Banned From FOX NEWS – Is This PC Run Amok Or Just Deserts?
- WATCH: ‘Final Warning To White People, We Will Burn Down Your Houses’
- Dear Obama: The FBI Informant YOU Silenced Is About To Become Your WORST Enemy
- Big Girl Tries To Beat Up Cop – Gets Taken To Billyclub Boulevard Instead