Waiters informed Northeast Ohio Media Group that he is a Muslim and that he plans to excuse himself prior to the national anthem from here on out.
“It’s because of my religion,” Waiters told NEOMG. “That’s why I stayed in the locker room.”
Waiters says he is rededicating himself more to his Muslim faith. He appears to be in a happier state.
As Haynes explains, Waiters was absent not only for the anthem, but for lineup introductions — a first because it was his first game of the season coming off the bench. In the Cavaliers’ next game on Friday in Denver, Waiters remained out of the starting lineup, but did join his teammates for the anthem.
Read more: Pamela Geller
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Sarah Sanders Just Zapped The Crap Out Of Self Righteous Laura Bush
- Watch: The ‘Build The Wall’ Song Sung To Led Zeppelin’s Famous Hit Is Comedic Gold
- Disgraced FBI Agent Peter Strzok Escorted Out Of FBI Building — Here’s The 411
- Davey Hogg, ‘Illegals Aliens Aren’t Breaking Law’ – The Internet Takes Him To Truth City
- Watch: Dude Challenges A Border Patrol SUV – That Was A Bad Idea
- Samantha Bee Thought Calling Ivanka A ‘C*nt’ Would Be Funny – She’s Not Laughing Now
- Dear CNN: Obama Caged Kid Border Crossers – How Come That Wasn’t ‘News’ Back Then?