Waiters informed Northeast Ohio Media Group that he is a Muslim and that he plans to excuse himself prior to the national anthem from here on out.
“It’s because of my religion,” Waiters told NEOMG. “That’s why I stayed in the locker room.”
Waiters says he is rededicating himself more to his Muslim faith. He appears to be in a happier state.
As Haynes explains, Waiters was absent not only for the anthem, but for lineup introductions — a first because it was his first game of the season coming off the bench. In the Cavaliers’ next game on Friday in Denver, Waiters remained out of the starting lineup, but did join his teammates for the anthem.
Read more: Pamela Geller
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Playmate Accused Of RACISM For Picking Cotton – No, This Isn’t Satire
- Yo, Libs: Watch What Happens To Women Under SHARIA Law – What Time’s Your ‘Protest?’
- DEAR AMERICA: Isn’t It STRANGE Liberals Aren’t Raising Hell Over THIS Mass Shooter?
- WATCH: “F**k Yo Flag” Black Protesters Spit On the Flag…THEN They Meet a VET
- Video: Daughter Talks Smack To Her Mom In Front Of Friends – That Was A Very Bad Idea
- FRANKLIN GRAHAM: Nearly 500k People Just ‘Liked’ What Graham Said About ‘Caitlyn Jenner’
- Jesus Apparently Didn’t Like These Thugs Stealing A SUV – Insane Carnage!