Waiters informed Northeast Ohio Media Group that he is a Muslim and that he plans to excuse himself prior to the national anthem from here on out.
“It’s because of my religion,” Waiters told NEOMG. “That’s why I stayed in the locker room.”
Waiters says he is rededicating himself more to his Muslim faith. He appears to be in a happier state.
As Haynes explains, Waiters was absent not only for the anthem, but for lineup introductions — a first because it was his first game of the season coming off the bench. In the Cavaliers’ next game on Friday in Denver, Waiters remained out of the starting lineup, but did join his teammates for the anthem.
Read more: Pamela Geller
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Another ‘Dreamer’ Kills An American – This Time It’s A Texas Hero
- LMAO! This Arrest Video Of A Millennial Snowflake Is Both Painful & Hilarious
- Question: Who’s More Blameworthy For The Valentine’s Day Massacre – The FBI Or The NRA?
- ‘Demon Voices’: Murderous Evil Weed, Nikolas Cruz, Now Blames The Devil For His Actions
- VIDEO: Thug TAUNTS Victim To Hit Him – That Was A BAD Idea
- BREAKING: This State Is NOW Pushing For Gun CONFISCATION
- Watch: Inmates Applaud Chicago Cop Killer