The Hawk, John Hawkins, cobbled together the most nerve-grating goobers the Left had to offer in 2014 in this entertaining and yet sad screed. Who would you add to this list?
10) Luis Gutiérrez: It’s bizarre to hear an American member of congress who is very open about being primarily loyal to non-Americans,but Gutiérrez fits the bill.He wants amnesty, no borders, no immigration laws, just as many foreigners coming here as possible, for whatever they want, as long as they want and that hurts Americans; well, who cares about them anyway? Certainly not Luis Gutiérrez.
Defining Quote: “I have only one loyalty and that’s to the immigrant community.” — Luis Gutiérrez
9) Nancy Pelosi: She hasn’t been as vocal as usual this year since she polls about the same as Ebola, but she shows up every now and again to say something obnoxious, tell an obvious lie or just to menacingly cackle, “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!”
8) Rosemary Lehmberg: This Texas District Attorney is known for exactly two things: acting like a belligerent lunatic after being caught driving while drunk and being connected to a politically motivated indictment against Rick Perry for trying to have her removed from office over her ridiculous, drunken behavior.
7) Eric Holder: He is a lying, incompetent, politically-motivated, race-baiting punk who runs the Department of Justice despite not being any more ethical than the criminals his department investigates. Holder is a disgrace to the DOJ.
Defining Quote: “There’s a certain level of vehemence, it seems to me, that’s directed at me [and] directed at the president. You know, people talking about taking their country back. … There’s a certain racial component to this for some people. I don’t think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some there’s a racial animus.” – Eric Holder
6) Harry Reid: Reid is like thecranky male farmer from the American Gothic painting come-to-life and when he wasn’t running the Senate like Benito Mussolini ran Italy, he obsessively spent every waking moment talking about the Koch brothers as if the fate of the entire nation hinged on it.
Defining Video: Watch Harry Reid mention the Koch brothers 134 times on the Senate floor.
5) The Ferguson / Eric Garner protesters: What ostensibly started as protests about the police being too quick to use deadly force has turned into rioting, looting, lawlessness, blocking traffic and calls for dead cops. It’s like the Occupy Movement, except with even more criminal behavior (which is saying something).
Defining Quote: “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!” —Day of Anger: Millions March
4) Jonathan Gruber: Maybe it’s not fair to include the “Father of Obamacare” for comments he made in 2013 that just came to light in 2014, but an arrogant jackass like Gruber deserves every bit of scorn and rebuke that can be heaped upon his lying head.
Defining Quote: “In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in, you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed. Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical to get for the thing to pass. Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.” – Jonathan Gruber
3) Al Sharpton: If you want to know why the Left is getting stomped into the ground right now, just consider the fact that an anti-white, anti-cop professional race hustler who owes 4 million in taxes has his own show on MSNBC, is the face of the sad excuse for what remains of the “civil rights movement” in America and is an influential informal advisor to the Obama White House.
Defining Quote: “In honor of all uniformed service personnel in America, say a prayer for Police Officers Liu and Ramos. #TurnYourBack on #PigSharpton” –James Woods
2) Lena Dunham: Before her book came out, most people just thought of her as the awful naked lady who starred in that vapid show that they didn’t watch. Since then, they’ve come to think of her as the awful naked lady who starred in that vapid show that they didn’t watch who falsely accused a Republican at her college of rape and was a little too sexually interested in her own sister.
Defining Quote: “Dunham writes of casually masturbating while in bed next to her younger sister, of bribing her with “three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds . . . anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.” – Kevin Williamson
1) Barack Obama: What can you really say about a habitually dishonest, thin-skinned, delusional, incompetent, narcissistic, power-mad, wannabe despot who could very fairly be called the worst President in American history? Oh, well, I guess that’s what you can say.
Defining Quote #1: “There have been periods where the folks who were already here suddenly say, ‘Well, I don’t want those folks,’ even though the only people who have the right to say that are some Native Americans.” – Barack Obama
Defining Quote #2: “I think the Prime Minister is the first to acknowledge that Malaysia’s still got some work to do. Just like the United States, by the way, has some work to do on these issues. Human Rights Watch probably has a list of things they think we should be doing as a government.” – Barack Obama
Read more: Townhall