With reports that the NYPD is looking into as many as 63 threats against police officers, or the mayor this week alone, news also comes of a lack of motivation among the rank and file, undoubtedly contributing to a significant drop in arrest numbers across the city.
“[There’s] just not motivation,” one police officer told [Vice]. “I’m not writing people summonses if I have a chance of getting my head blown off.” When asked if this was his own choice or a precinct-wide initiative, the officer added, “Seems like the entire department is on the same page.”
As the New York Daily News reported, “citywide summons issued this past week numbered just 2,128, compared to 26,512 a week earlier. In that period, exactly one summons was issued in the 84th Precinct, where Liu and Ramos were stationed—just one.”
According to the Daily Beast, the police presence seems to have changed there significantly. “They just walk around, they ride in their patrol cars, and they just pass by,” according to a resident.
Read more: Breitbart
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- BREAKING: Armed Resource Officer Shoots & Kills Maryland School Shooter
- Dear America: Officials Wanted FL School Shooter Committed But The ‘Authorities’ Said, ‘Nah.’
- Have You Been Missing Your Favorite Websites’ Posts On Facebook? – Here’s What You Can Do
- Parkland Survivor Blasts Whoopi and Her ‘False Narrative’
- You’ll Love This: Benghazi Bro Blasts McCabe & Comey – And I Mean Blasts!
- Watch: This ‘I Love My Vagana’ Video Is The Weirdest Damn Video We’ve Seen
- LMAO: Christian Film Outperforms Gay Romantic Comedy