The globally recognized phenomenon of American religiosity has been a bugbear of the political and cultural left since the country’s founding. Many seem convinced that the United States is a great country despite its overwhelming religiosity and deep-seated Judeo-Christian roots, unwilling to entertain the possibility that America’s greatness may indeed be due, in no small part, to that spirit.
A recent article in Salon bears the provocative title “One Nation Without God: Why a Post-religious America is upon Us.” The author, Lynn Stuart Parramore, breathlessly describes how the “yoke of fundamentalism is loosening,” being replaced by liberal-minded “nones,” three-quarters of whom “favor same-sex marriage and legal abortion.” If only the U.S. could look a little more like Denmark, the world would be a much better place.
The Pew Research Center has documented the rise in recent years of the religiously unaffiliated in America—popularly known as the “nones.” Though of course religious affiliation and religious spirit are not the same thing, as many of the religiously unaffiliated believe in God and even pray regularly, cultural liberals have been quick to see in the recent trend a sign of a promethean rebellion against God, and the fulfillment of their dream of a godless America.
The America of their reveries, however, bears little resemblance to the nation that actually exists, where a full three-quarters of the population identify themselves as Christian and two out of three say God is “very important in their personal lives.”
Read more: Breitbart
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- Watch: Snake Handling Preacher Handles The Wrong Frickin’ Snake
- What This POS Did To His Pregnant Wife & Daughters Merits Him A Special Place In Hell
- LMAO: Here’s A Bathroom Bumper Sticker We Need To Share With 1M Rowdy Americans
- Nutty Professor: Prof Talks Economics With Cash Stuck To Her Naughty Bits…Because Feminism
- Trump Goes After Social Media Giants For Silencing Conservatives – Promises Them Problems
- Clash Poll: Does The Bodycam Footage Vindicate This Police Shooting?
- Cute Girls Evade Kidnapper By Opening Up A Can of Whup @ss On Him